New Back to Wall WC - Concertina soil pipe fitting ?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I am looking for some expert installation advice please as I am due to have a new back to wall wc furniture fitted shortly by a plumber and want to make sure they correct job is completed i..e

http://www.roperrhodes.co.uk/product/600mm-back-to-wall-unit-including-worktop/

The toilet in the above link will replace the toilet shown in the. The space between the wall on the left and where the cold water feed comes down on the right is 625mm so it will fit ok

However when he came to price the job he mentioned using a concertina soil pipe fitting which you can see in the bottom left of the pic. Would I be better asking him to use plastic piping to connect the toilet to the soil pipe as it would be a lot more durable?

Please help and what should I be asking him? To use plastic fittings instead of the suggested concertina fitting?

Sponsored Links
Nothing wrong with the concertina macalpine fitting. You would also use a flexable water connector too. It means that you can test the pan for leaks before you push it back to the wall and fix it with appropriate fixings. If its ridged pipe and a seal twists your first indication would be water leaking out under the pan.

Thanks all

So as long as it's a concertina macalpine fitting it will be fine? or should I ask for a plastic pipe?

Sponsored Links
pic doesnt show much, is that a 90 degree bend i see? in which case no i would not suggest a concertina.

Sorry please ignore me its been a long day!

So I should just say use the 90 degree bend instead of the concertina

Will he have to cut the soil pipe so that the new toilet is central? I am unsure whether to go for a 500m or 600m unit as the aim is to box the soil pipe in and make it look neater.

But if I went for a 500mm I would have to look at infill panels to make up the void on the left hand side where the soil pipe is

Lauren

the toilet waste adapter fits inside the soil pipe and can come in a variety of lengths and angles, concertina pipes personally I would not use for forming 90 degree bends, however without seeing in person your dimensions etc, its difficult for me to tell you what is or what isn't appropriate, one thing I can definitely say is that rigid pipework is the usual standard, concertina's are used when the angles are slightly odd.

Sorry guys

So is a concertina a good idea or a bad idea if concertinas are the way to go which brand should I ask him to get

Just want to tell my plumber on what's the best solution not the quickest from his perspective

As per my previous post, a concertina with a built-in 90 degree bend will do the job admirably.

Concertina flexis can be used for 90 degree turns as long as the bend has a long radius.

If this
Just want to tell my plumber on what's the best solution
is necessary I'd be showing him the door!

I agree but lots of tradesmen these days look for the quick fix solution rather than a job that will be long lasting

Abd being a woman they sometimes think they can pull the wool over your eyes so I just want to make sure that the job is done well

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back