New Baxi back boiler - heat only?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm looking to replace my aged Baxi Bermuda and it seems logical to go for the new Baxi back boiler to avoid massive decoration and upheaval. But the website says that it's a 15KW heat only unit. Does this mean that the hot water is heated independently from the boiler? If so, what is the usual arrangement?

Sponsored Links
basically same setup as you may have now.boiler heats water in a circuit.then its controled by a valve (y plan) or two valves(s plan).to either heat the dhw cylinder coil or CH, or both.if you have old gravity circuit to dhw cylinder then you will have to have one of the above plans.

Don't forget the clear plastic pipe running around the skirting board.

Think very hard before going for one.

Ted

Sponsored Links
The marketing stuff I saw stated the condense pipe can be discreatly cliped to the skirting board. Baxi's words.

Yes the pump can send it upwards but then where do you go? Under the floor boards to try and get into a waste? That won't take too long then.

As mentioned above the flue liner costs big bucks.

Ted

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back