New Baxi Back Boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've found that Baxi do a new BBU that complies to current building regs and can be installed as a straight swop for an existing BBU but I'm having difficulty find someone in the Hertfordshire area who can quote for this - can anyone help me with this?

Sponsored Links
Hi, Can't help with the fitting but straight swop it isn't. New leccy fire and plastic flue liner plus electric condesne pump.

That said these are new....very new. I would wait out the winter if you can and let any teething issues get sorted.

I'd think twice before getting one of those. They are bound to be very expensive, and it wouldn't be the first time that baxi launches a product with serious issues.
Let them try it out on social housing for a few years first.

Thanks I've been told that British Gas will be doing them in Jan 2010 so now we've got our pump replace will probably hold off until next year - got to be easier than fitting a new condensing boiler

Sponsored Links
I can't help thinking that they will be rather noisy as they will have to be fan flued, so a whirring fan in your living room may get on your pip

I can't help thinking that they will be rather noisy as they will have to be fan flued, so a whirring fan in your living room may get on your pip
Good point, it would drive me around the bend.
Does anyone know if they are band a or b?

Band A.......to be fair they look a decent piece of kit........yes they are expensive. ive just priced one and got a price of £1230 + VAT with a Valor dream electric fire but I suppose the old back boiler were expensive as your purchasing a boiler and a fire and a 10m flue kit!

Harrogate is that price with flue kit as i was quoted £1050 for boiler and fire yesterday.

I'm curious.. Is the flue a concentric flue? Is it flexible plastic so that it can be dragged up the chimney? or is it lengths of rigid plastic and combustion air drawn down the chimney?

Its a flexible concentric flue, dropped down like a traditional flue liver with pre fromed plastic flue terminal. It comes in 10 or 12m lengths. Its very much like a tumble dryer vent.

Thought it must, got a feking cheek expecting us to pay for installation cone at around £40 quid.

If i get one i will be saying send me one or sale lost.
Sure i read somewhere they woulkd supply one free

Corgigrouch when did you ever put a liner up the chimney, talk about ar5e about face

Corgigrouch when did you ever put a liner up the chimney, talk about a**e about face

LOL I don't do heights.... So rather than dance about a roof with a big coil of stainless, I pull them up from the living room with a buddy to guide it.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back