New Baxi Back Boiler

Did a course with Baxi down at Dartford recently, they took us round their workshop where new products were being tried out, and they let us have a poke around this appliance, looked a good idea in principle, the fan was not particularly noisy, the fire front was electric with a hologram type flame effect.
When you looked at it from the side, the flame effect fiirstly looked green, then dissapeared from view altogether.
As some of the other lads have mentioned I would let British Gas have all the problems with it for the first year or so.

Sponsored Links
:?: :?: :?: and how do you put terminal/clamping plate and cement on.

Pull flue through a few inches, remove the rope, check that the flue hasn't been damaged, fit and clamp terminal. Fit the clamp plate and screw the clamp plate to the chimney and filch up round the top....All the time wishing that I had never agreed to fit the fire below..

Then when at my suppliers, those who have seen me, tell me what a big jessie I looked.

But if your going up top anyway to pull it up seal etc . It would be ten times easier to have just pushed the copex down,
As i look on it you dont fall walking in the street so why would you fall on a roof.
Know where your coming from though as out of 20 of us only 3would do the roof work.
At present 50% of boilers im doing are roof flues

Sponsored Links
Problems with heights are an illogical thing that you just don't get unless you have a problem with heights... The ground actually spins for me so wrestling with a big stainless snake while up on a roof is my idea of hell... At least when doing the other work I can hug the chimney stack. The odd thng is, I'm fine whilst working on a ladder...

Years ago I had to go on a site meeting which was held on the helicopter pad of the Burj al Arab hotel in dubai whilst it was under construction.. The guys there said it was the funniest thing that they had ever seen, me crawling out on all fours... :eek:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back