New Benchmark details

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
After 1st April any boiler commissioning will require O2 readings from the air section of the boiler flue. Checking the integraty of the flue.
Has this been discussed in the chamber pot??

Sponsored Links
Somewhat ;).

Not a bad move IMHO.

The new PR lady frrm the HHIC is well worth contacting to discuss... preferably face to face ;).

Thanks for that Danny, I'll speak to her directly. Perhaps we both could discuss this over dinner, a bottle of Buckie & a deep fried Mars Bar supper, do you think she'd be receptive to that?? Just a thought.

It's a good move indeed, vertical flues can be a right James Hunt for leaking.
Keep up the good work my good man & give my regards to all in the combustion chamber pot, that's if their heads are not too far up their own anus??!!!

Sponsored Links
Nice long auburn colour. :D

Eco build was all right but only a third of it had anything interesting for our trade.

Was handy for me as I needed to talk to a couple of different manufacturers face to face and they were there. More geared for home owners and specifiers.

Didn't get a chance to take the posh out of the Magic Box lot, but I think Gasguru did that for us today. :mrgreen:

Lots of very hi tec boilers/heat pumps/heat recovery systems...all to save the planet and your energy costs but shhh whatever you do don't talk about all the servicing, repairs, cost of spare parts, reliabilty, short life etc etc :) 'cos it's all so wonderful and never goes wrong.

What amused me is that pretty much on all the stands I visited and got chatting to about their products (and price of parts, reliabilty which they didn't want to talk about) they all asked me what the best boiler was for their own homes...'cos they don't want something unreliable :rolleyes: Fe*king reps..haven't got a clue what their own companies are lumbering the public with.

After 1st April any boiler commissioning will require O2 readings from the air section of the boiler flue. Checking the integraty of the flue.
Has this been discussed in the chamber pot??

Another section in the benchmark for people to "make up" a reading for.
Amazes me how many boilers their benchmark stated 20mbar inlet pressure, and then the boilers Output marked into the heat input box.

So whos this red head? :mrgreen:

...........and how many incompetent idiots out there will be checking integrity with case OFF. :LOL: , any come back and it will be "yea I checked with case on and all was fine and have the FGA print out as proof........"

Yea I know he is banned but maybe he logs on using another members details. ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back