New blowtorch

Sponsored Links
"Does a blow torch not get used for roofing leadwork "

Oxyacetylene is used for lead burning (welding).

Just to clear up this thing about who uses a blowtorch, and why, and where, my intended usage is for plumbing and heating ONLY, so I think the best place for this particilar topic is in Plumbing and Central Heating.

I see ithis post been moved back to its rightful place, but I am left wondering Why all the fuss, because while it was in tools it was still listed in the plumbing as well getting the best of both worlds.
Perhaps it should have been duplicated in tools?

Sponsored Links
I suggest that if you want a blowtorch topic to be added to Tools then you go ahead and add one to Tools.

As for this one, I didn't ask for it to be moved, I didn't notice that it had been moved (until someone else mentioned it), I didn't ask for it to moved back (although I agree with that action), and I didn't ask for any fuss to be made about it. And I definately am not asking for it to be duplicated.

Sorry if this sounds crotchety, but I'm having to pinch myself to believe that you've added a post that makes a fuss about why a fuss was being made.

I had a Benzomatic. The torch soon startted to show signs of wear and tear and would not always come away clean from a Rothy cylinder (cylinder would leak). Torch was confined to 'only emergency tool kit' by a Rothy torch. Dearer (I know) but I feel better quality.

softus said:
I definately am not asking for it to be duplicated.
It already has been duplicated! Are you definitely not going to ask for the duplicate to be deleted. If so, it probably will be!

Can't find it Chris - I assume that means that it's already gone :( :) :arrow:

Sorry, I was wrong. It's in triplicate! It's listed once on the tools forum topic list and twice on the plumbing forum topic list! I don't understand why you can't see it and I can. Can anyone else see what I see, or is it just me?

Nope - can't see it. Can you post the links here (or Email me)?

Hm. I can see two topics listed on that index page. And the two links appear to be separate links to exactly the same topic in the P&CH forum. And in the Tools and Materials forum the link is also to the topic under P&CH.

Moderator magic I suspect. Baffled I am. Wise you are. So: you want to be a Jedi....

So how come you never saw it before? Don't you use hte index page?

Nope. I only ever use "View today's posts" and "View unanswered posts".

I also used to use the search feature, but it's been completely f***ed since sometime in January.

never mind the fread ...

Rothenburger are boss an for the calor bottle ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back