New boiler. Atmos Multi 24/80 Plus opinions ?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all

I've been procrastinating about a boiler replacement for some time. We have a 4 bed house with a bathroom, shower room and a soon-to-be loft conversion which may in the future have a shower put in.

We often have the need for two showers running at the same time.

I have heard good things about the Atmos Multi 24/80 Plus. I wonder if anyone can comment on this boiler or offer alternative suggestions for boilers in the same price/performance range.

thanks
LR

Sponsored Links
Hi, and thanks.

the problem with that is we are thinking of having the loft converted in the future.

Sponsored Links
Sorry, excuse my ignorance, so that means the HW cylinder could go, for example, in a 1st floor cupboard and there wouldn't be any problem with getting HW to a shower in the loft conversion ?

I hadn't thought about this kind of solution before now. Until now I had in mind just replacing the existing combi. Wouldn't it require a lot more work and expense in terms of fitting ? Is that offset by lower boiler cost and/or maintenance cost/reliability ?

Thanks again.

Sorry, excuse my ignorance, so that means the HW cylinder could go, for example, in a 1st floor cupboard and there wouldn't be any problem with getting HW to a shower in the loft conversion ?
indeed
Wouldn't it require a lot more work and expense in terms of fitting ?

a bit more yep

Is that offset by lower boiler cost and/or maintenance cost/reliability ?
yep

Hi Folks!

Just joined...

In fact, we are Atmos-accredited installers, and our website is xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Cheers all....

Daniel

But do you go as far as Leeds from Sussex?

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hello!

We don't but Atmos have a good network of registered installers who are trained on their products.

If you call 01327 871 990 and speak to Wim - ******************- he will put you in contact with someone decent.

All the best!

Daniel

Is Wim better than Andrew who posts on here then?

Yes, but you are not too late to come with us to Intergas on May 12th.

Tony

Ah, so you're not a homeowner in Leeds, but a fellow installer in London!

I've had some involvement with Intergas when they first started in the UK, and decided to stick with dealing with Atmos Heating. The version of the product they sell - the HE32 - is all metal, and has an integral expansion vessel. As a company, we prefer them - by far.

Can't say any more on here...

Interesting, a bit of cloak and dagger :LOL: well I fit the Intergas HRE version but I do know Atmos claims that their older version is better...

btw we are not allowed to advertise on the public forum (so no links).

Hello Amtechnica
I watched your you tube video, very professional. It appears you have quite bait of experience with the Atmos unit, tell me what are the spares situation, are they available and reasonably priced?

Also what is the real flow rate from the unit raised degrees centigrade.

Hi guys - I'm new to all this, so apologies if I start rambling or asking stupid questions!! :D

I'm currently having a bungalow extended to make a 4 bed house which will, eventually, have 2/3 showers. The 3rd shower will depend on whether or not we have a hot water tank.

At the risk of stirring up an old argument between Dan R and Dr. D (not sure if Dan's still around though), the following thread //www.diynot.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=97735&start=0 got me properly confused! I like the look of the Atmos, but wondered whether, considering that we're putting the plumbing in from scratch, the option of two cheaper combi's on seperate systems would be more cost effective. From what I see, the Atmos is so big that it will probably have to go in in place of the third shower anyway!

Any suggestions gratefully received, as I need to instruct the plumber soon!

Thanks,

Matt

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back