atmos 24/80 multi plus

Boiler frustration yes as you say anyone can fit a board and a fan which isn`t hard but fixing it is the hard bit which YOU still have not done so you have spent what £250 for nothing and that makes you better than a BG engineer.
No BG dont have to take you on contract the boiler may be on there list but that doesn`t mean they have access to all parts also if the engineer suspects you have been messing with it i don`t blame him god knows what you may have altered or broke .
As for not knowing about these boilers they probably have a 0.1% share of market and majority of people would not have seen or heard of them.

Even the famous Agile says he would have to rely on Dan to fix it which implies he cannot do it himself.
So as you both think BG incapable why not phone each other ,why would anyone insist a company they think incapable comes out to fix there boiler

Sponsored Links
If you go into the diagnostic mode it will probably tell you what's wrong.

These boilers really are state of the art. :rolleyes:

Even the famous Agile says he would have to rely on Dan to fix it which implies he cannot do it himself.

I did not say that at all!

I only said that I would usually refer an Atmos to Dan because he may have some spares or a new boiler he could borrow parts from. However as his response time is often a week or two then I would usually expect to go myself as I usually go within 24 hours, mostly on the same day.

I am happy to fix any make of boiler except Saunier Duval!

Tony

fair enough took it by you sayin Dan an i don`t need anyone else you where implying it would be a joint brain session and as Dan is the more experienced he would have more in put.
While your answerin . Asked you on previous topic how to set CH MAX output on 105e as opposed to gas pressure max. would you care to answer

Sponsored Links
Re 105E CH settings, its the P4 pot on the PCB although thats not fitted to every version of those PCBs on that range of boilers. Its shown as present on drawing of the PCB in the 105E MI but not refered to in the text. ( See below )

By the way, I once had a problem getting the correct PCB for a Main boiler. Baxi tech help had no proper info.

It also turned out that the pictures of the PCBs used in the various MI are NOT actual pictures of the correct PCB, just library pictures of "similar" PCBs.

There are three versions of the PCBs I have seen:-

All four pots fitted!
P1, P2 and P4 fitted!
Only P1 and P2 fitted.

Tony

to namsag:

Just to make it absolutely clear that I have now restored the boiler to full working order although I went without hot water and heat for almost 10 days over xmas. You may think that I was 'messing' with the appliance but had I relied on the 'experts', I would have had to wait another week or so. Furthermore, I would probably have an additional wait for the delivery of spare parts. In the meantime, I would be shivering my brass nuts off! Whilst most people spent christmas watching tv and pulling crackers, I spent mine reading the Atmos manual. Is it any wonder, I'm not in the festive spirit right now!

It's okay for you engineers. If your machine at home goes wrong during the holidays, you can just whip out your tool box and sort the problem. We end users don't have the luxury of your training and are held to ransom by you.

The moral of my experience is that I need insurance. I can't sit around biting my nails waiting for the next failure which will probably cost me hundreds of pounds. I'd rather spend about £200 to £300 a year for cover knowing that my machine will get sorted one way or another by a company that has knowledge of Atmos.

Now I've fixed the machine, BG have agreed to offer me cover. They have apologised to me for the mix up. I'm sending a list of Atmos engineers to BG so that they can send one of them around next time it goes wrong.

Thank you for all your feedback.

So who held you to ransom then.As far as i can see nobody said give me X amount of £££s or im not comin.

Basically everyone told you the truth that they didn`t know anything about them and where not going to waste your money and there time by coming out.

If you think when your boiler breaks downBG are going to send someone from your atmos list then you are very much mistaken,what will happen is a BG engineer will turn up and if he is lucky and it is straight forward he will fix it

If not he will order parts with a degree of being on the right track and if he gets it wrong you will probably have 3/4 visits before they go to expense of getting atmos guy out/

If i was you i would throw this boiler out it is costing you between parts and insurance £700 to keep running and sounds like it has cost you a good few bob in the past also. cut your losses and future agro and dump it

What are you saying Namsag :eek: :eek:

If fitted to a well designed and clean system these boilers are top of the range, unfortunately well designed is not very common nowadays, and as the dinasaurs fall of the ladder it will get worse.

We have not had a single problem with the many we have fitted. Will say we go for the Broag as a first choice boiler though.

I agree with you. I told Atmos on Christmas Eve that I was going to scrap the machine until they they said that BG would insure it (I had enquired in the past when BG definately did not cover Atmos).

If the machine fails again whilst insured and if BG fail to fix it in reasonable time, then I will ditch the appliance for a known brand like Worcester Boch.

My message to anyone else out there:

Atmos boilers are extremely good and rarely break down. But don't buy one. When they break down, it is extremely difficult to get an engineer who is experienced with this particular brand.[/i]

Sounds to me a common story with unusual boilers - you're going to be served best by the manufacturer's own maintenance contract, assuming they do one.

I'm often in Queensway (Moscow Road side) and have a brain and a manual and a cellphone. But, for anything non-gas related, so do you!

DOITALL..What am i saying . Quite clear i thought the guy has bought and paid for a dearer than average boiler that is meant to be state of the art. And had nothing but trouble with it and has cost him an absolute fortune to keep it running for a what ?? a 2 year old boiler.
Who says they are state of the art the MANUFACTURERS thats who we have all seen boilers that are meant to be the dogs b####x but 2 years down the line they are dogs dinner.
And your answer is it must be the installer..

So when IDEAL told everyone the Icos/Isar was the business and have been redisgned 3/4 times it was installer faults . get real

Have to go on experience namsag, and we have had no problems whatsoever.

I'm sorry but if a client of ours had all this supposed trouble the manufacturers would have been involved, and you know as well as I do part changing is not profitable or guaranteed to cure

I should add the boiler is still under warrantee so believe what you must

The Company has fitted about 20.

The only problem was three LPG models in Hemel Hempstead ish that I messed about with :oops: (major gas leak in the building) and I couldn't get them to re-start.

They re-started themself after about 30mins :LOL:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back