New Boiler install

There's nothing I can't fix on on Worcester in under 2 hours - that includes fault diagnosis and collection of parts. Parts are also readily available and cheaper than most - more than can be said for Atag and intergas. Also, at least Worcester have their own employed engineers, with quick response times....

Sponsored Links
They might have employed engineers in your area but that would certainly be an exception....

Intergas parts are ridiculously expensive.

Sponsored Links
OP, in your previous house what boiler did you have installed and was it a combi ?

What did you think of it?

I cringe when I read of those who insist on squeezing boilers into tiny kitchen cupboards thus making future maintenance difficult.

Tony

You're so right. Do you realise we charge nearly £4 for the heat exchanger gasket kit!!

Remind me again how much the WB kit is and does it only need changing after every 5 or 6 full stripdowns?

Still that's why WB just won that national award isn't it??

Oh wait that was us :mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:

Ideal and WB, you must have lots of very satisfied clients :whistle:

And my Vaillant needs an £18 Hex gasket at each annual service.

You're so right. Do you realise we charge nearly £4 for the heat exchanger gasket kit!!

Remind me again how much the WB kit is and does it only need changing after every 5 or 6 full stripdowns?

Still that's why WB just won that national award isn't it??

Oh wait that was us :mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:

Ideal and WB, you must have lots of very satisfied clients :whistle:
How much do your service brushes cost razor?

OP, in your previous house what boiler did you have installed and was it a combi ?

What did you think of it?

I cringe when I read of those who insist on squeezing boilers into tiny kitchen cupboards thus making future maintenance difficult.

Tony

Hi Tony,

I'm embarrassed to say that in the end, I just went with whatever the plumber suggested, even after all the great advise on here....sorry. Buying a boiler for the layman is a minefield.

But I have to say, I love all the arguments about who can strip what the fastest and who's gaskets cost more !! Hahaha.

Bet none of you could repair a Rhode & Swcharz faster than me !! na, na, na, na, na.

As for putting the boiler into a kitchen cupboard, I sympathise with you on that one. But there was nowhere else on that occasion and who wants a nasty looking boiler 'on show' just because the plumber wants an easy life !!

Bet none of you could repair a Rhode & Swcharz faster than me !! na, na, na, na, na.

A Rhode and Swcharz what?

Polyskop II ?

polyskop_ii_swob_129777.jpg

Perhaps you have also seen one of these?

dinky-eagle-tower.jpg

Or the real thing!
eagle-tower-1959.jpg

Last edited:
Yes Tony, I am a Broadcast Radio Engineer. However, that Polyskop is a bit before my time ;) But we do still have some stuff hanging around that scares the life out of me.

As for those OB extendable masts....................Wow. I'm definitely not that old.

Any idea where this photo was taken, one of my school pals went to work for the BBC and drove a white Messerschmitt. that said the photo seems to be dated 1959 so he would have
only been 13 or 14 at the time

BBC messerschmidt.jpg

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back