New Boiler installation

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am not trying to rain on your parade. The Ferroli Modena is a quality combi. Budget implies cheap and nasty. There is nothing nasty about the Modena. They do charge to extend the boiler warranty, but it is still far cheaper overall.

I did check up on Ferroli Modena and it was around £600 for the 32kw plus £300 for 10 years warranty total £900...its a cheap boiler but with an expensive warranty, that's 50% of the boiler cost(n)

Vaillant charge £180 for 10 years.

Sponsored Links
Even better.if he's with ideal connect now ideal will contact your local council and register the install with them ,and shortly you will receive a building compliance certificate
He did mention that he will get installer points from ideal, which he exchanges for work clothing.

Plumber just called me asking if i wanted a weather compensation kit for my boiler cost me £27. He won't charge me to install it cos apparently it only take 5mins to install. He said it should save me money on my gas bill.

Is it worth installing this kit?

Plumber said it controls the flow temperature on my CH by using the outside temperature.
Does that mean 24h heating

Can someone explain in layman terms...

What happens to the wireless electronic boiler thermostat?

Sponsored Links
Taken from a competitor's book:

upload_2017-3-15_17-52-18.png

Not 24 hour heating necessarily - it depends on the settings. If my heating was to be on now, the boiler would be running at around 38 degrees. So the boiler runs more efficiently but for longer periods. The idea is you are more closely matching the heat lost from the building to the heat input from the boiler. How hot the boiler runs is more important that how long it runs for.

I did check up on Ferroli Modena and it was around £600 for the 32kw plus £300 for 10 years warranty total £900...its a cheap boiler but with an expensive warranty, that's 50% of the boiler cost(n)

Vaillant charge £180 for 10 years.
The Ferroli Guarantee costs are one third of the total cost, which is still a lot less than the Ideal for the same deal. If Ferroli have a 10 year deal then they have faith in the product.

Last edited:
Plumber just called me asking if i wanted a weather compensation kit for my boiler cost me £27. He won't charge me to install it cos apparently it only take 5mins to install. He said it should save me money on my gas bill.

Is it worth installing this kit?
YES! He needs to run a cable to the outside. The outside temperature sensor must be on a north facing wall. 5 mins to install? mmmm

Last edited:
All done...took him 10 mins, 5 mins to clip the wire. Yes north facing outer wall; the boiler is also on the north facing wall(inside)

All done...took him 10 mins, 5 mins to clip the wire. Yes north facing outer wall; the boiler is also on the north facing wall(inside)
I assume he drilled a hole in the wall. The outside sensor has to be away from the flue outlet to avoid influence.

So 10 minutes to fit sensor (drill plug screw) , run cable , wire sensor , connect cable inside....
Yea right..:)
How long to set up?...oh , and how long to get tools on/off van??

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back