New Boiler Recommendations

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

Our antique and crap Ravenheat RSF 820 is going to be replaced soon thank god. It still works, but kettles, clonks and won't supply a constant water temp.

Got any recommendations?

Needs to be wall mounted, gas-fired and a combi. To supply 7 rads.

Ta

Howard

Sponsored Links
Vaillant 831 condensing combi.Two year guarantee,excellent domestic hot water flow rate,extremely reliable.

Sponsored Links
viessmans would be along the lines of ferrari due to rariety of them,good solid boilers but a lot of installers would not know them due to the cost factor and by that i mean proper installation part l and flushing

bripl said:
viessmans would be along the lines of ferrari due to rariety of them,good solid boilers but a lot of installers would not know them due to the cost factor and by that i mean proper installation part l and flushing

Should be part on any installation anyway!!

if the boilers were fitted correctly to begin with ie flushed and commissioned correctly most of the faults on these combis would not arise apart from the lower end of the market where the cust looks at the price only not what the installer is going to do.in todays market where we are competing against the unregistered and the eastern european the benchmark,flushing and correct commissining goes out the window.been to four jobs last week no interlock no inhibitor and numerous gas faults when asked who installed them a convenient lapse of memory.so please do not try to tell me what should and should not be done

viessmans in uk market not upto continental standards.i:e crap. Value for money would be the baxi. Two year guarantee and about 2 to 3 hundred pounds cheaper than vaillant.

The Viessman does seem to be very reliable and I like the primary HE in solid thick stainless steel.

They are not easy to buy but if you can wait a week then its OK.

When I last enquired they were a little CHEAPER than the Vaillant.

The reliability depends more on the care taken with installation than the boiler.

The Ravenheat is reliable when its properly installed but cheap installation goes with cheap boilers.

Tony

My tuppence worth

I would highly recommend the Ideal Isar, good quality boiler, reasonable costs, good after sales service, and (so far) extremely reliable

have fitted approx 200 of em and have a failure rate of about 5% all of which were fixed by ideal within 24 hours

Of the seven we installed within the first 12 months, there were six new PCBs fitted and one gas valve tweeked after a wait of seven days because Ideal would not give me permission to do it myself and their own engineer thought it was the fan and did not have one with him! ( Sorry Alan ).

I have stopped fitting them but hope that the reliability has improved now.

Tony

Well tony As I said our company has fitted in excess of 200 of these units and we have had problem with 5% (IE 10) which was sorted out in next to no time, and on older ideal ie response, classic etc parts were availible within 24 hours so I cannot speak highly enough of Ideal as a company

And you can get through to their tech help line very quickly (unlike vaillant and baxi potterton)

So i would say that they have sorted themselves out a treat

As for not allowing you to fit parts we fitted a Icos with a hole in the heat exchangerm, Ideal were great and gave our company the cash to fit a new one the next day, the only pain of it was we had to pack up the old one and deliver it to plumb centre.

We have fitted all of the major manufacturers boilers and we have never had the backing and service from them that we have recieved from Ideal

I visit 2-3 Icos/Isar's with the company I work for each week. Normally PCB fault, gas valve or ignition probe. All fully powerflushed & inhibitor etc, with above average installation work.

I would NEVER, NEVER NEVER fit one for a customer of my own. If they asked me to fit one they had already bought I would possibly refuse as the likelyhood of callback in future when it breaks.

The best thing they have done recently is the re-badged Biasi.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back