New Boiler Recommendations

Do not go for anything but worcester or vailliant, Me i prefer worcester.
i,m a BG engineer. ideal boilers not as good i,m afraid.

Sponsored Links
Theres a guy on another post entitled something like Ideal Isar who seems to imply that BG have just fitted an Ideal boiler for him.

Maybe its cause of the high expense of a BG installation :D

Just to clarify, it was only resetting the gas pressure on the Isar that I was not permitted to do according to the book.

I was unable to get to speak to anyone senior in the Company while my client was without full hot water for a week. That was almost criminal! The stupid girls on their phone would just not allow me to speak to anyone in their design team.

Eventually when their own service engineer was unable to diagnose the fault they sent their regional technical manager and someone from the design team who I had met a few times before. It took three minutes to reset the gas pressure!

The stupidity was that I knew exactly what the fault was but no one there would let me talk to anyone in authority or even take my calls seriously!

Tony

Fair enough Tony

Must say that I am somewhat taken aback by the negative recation to the Ideal range maybe we have just been lucky???

Sponsored Links
I'm noit saying Ideal make unreliable boilers. My gripe with their present range (because lets face it their provenance is the best you could get in this country) is made for people with very small strong hands and a whole range of especially stubby tools.

Call me selfish but I kind of like a boiler I can change one part on without rmoving a load of sheet metalwork and other parts to get at it.

PLUS is less likely to have been fitted by a kitchen fitter!

Agile, Viessmann boilers are easily availiable, most PTS stock them, and I have said before if you need one and have trouble, I can get one for you next day delivery, they are by far the best boiler on the market, fitz1 what Viessmann boilers have you fitted to say they are rubbish, you obviously have not and I know because you basically claim a Baxi boiler is better, I don't think so, even a Baxi rep would admit the Viessmann boilers are far superior to theirs.

On my call to Viessmann they told me they could only dispatch a boiler the NEXT day and it would not be by GUARANTEED next day delivery but could take up to three days.

Unless one orders regularly from PTS there is a problem over pricing.

I once exchanged email about pricing with one of the PTS Directors who was, shall we say, almost quite rude!

Tony

When I order from Viessmann they confirm a delivery date with me, I am a key installer so I don't know if this makes a difference

dear silverback, my friend is technical advisor in u.k for viessman. he specified to me far less superior boilers in u.k compaired to other european viessmans. not saying baxi better boiler, but value for money aspect its very good, and upto now seems reliable with a good baxi back up.not as good looking as many other boilers but hey im not that good looking and i have a good reputation. lol

Fitz1, whats his name, I know most of the staff at Viessmann, including Stuart Purchase the UK MD

The boilers are the same as the German boilers, whan they arrive here they are pakaged with the German instructions, the English instructions are supplied separately.

i started to look into viessman last year because of their success and experience in europe not to mention their reliability but was warned off the new models directed towards the uk market. was told they are a cheaper put together boiler than its euro equivelant.

Dave Halton, as far as I knew Dave is a Key Installer, he did not work for Viessmann.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back