New boiler required.. looking for alternatives to installer recommended

Sponsored Links
There's a lot of misinformation in this thread :rolleyes:

We all know the real way forward is Powderflushing don't we @Dan Robinson :whistle:
oh god not another one. Do you reply to specific questions or are you a waffler as well?

'We need to start making some changes' - 2pac

bloomin nora... the pro's on here are a bitter bunch (most , not all!).

@amandax don't worry they're talking codswallop, powerflush is not tied in with the warranty, you'd only need that if you had a filthy system. You have got a average deal there (pricewise) and the installer will be making the best part of a grand out of 1.5 days work.

Ive been on the forum long enough to know how the pros operate here. They hate DIYers and they hate other pros undercutting them and getting jobs.

Just a reminder as to who took this thread off topic. Intervened with inflammatory comments, unsubstantiated claims and unqualified advice. Self-proclaimed adjudicator of the OP's original post... to which the rest of us tradesmen were trying to assist with advice from experience.

We do not need to tout on here for business.

And have you not noticed the irony of you suggesting that it's not necessary to properly clean the "inside" of system pipework whilst initiating a thread of your own about cleaning the "outside" of your own system pipework!

So, you have an issue with plumbers for being too lazy to clean the joints on your system then target those of us who feel it necessary to properly clean the insides of a system, on this thread.

Fu cough cough yourself.

Sponsored Links
I just had an ATAG installed. Happy with it so far, the installer was a pro and the boiler has a top-notch reputatation and warranty.

Nozzle

I just had an ATAG installed. Happy with it so far, the installer was a pro and the boiler has a top-notch reputatation and warranty.

Nozzle

Hope itf was flushed properly! They have great heat exchangers, but any schit in them will soon cause problems, and the warranty will be worth less than @lemon_1's opinion.

And have you not noticed the irony of you suggesting that it's not necessary to properly clean the "inside" of system pipework whilst initiating a thread of your own about cleaning the "outside" of your own system pipework!

Thats the funniest thing Ive read on here in a long time.

I nearly spat my tea out.

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

I'm not sure whats up with Lemon_1 .....one can only assume he has anger issues. :mad:

Chemical flush for an hour @ 80C dosed via the Magnaclean. Full Drain down, (I made sure it was FULL Drain down). Fill up again, Inhibitor. Also, most of the rot-box rads are GONE, with more to follow them out the door. The 5 spare ports in the UFH manifold soon won't be spare.

Nozzle

Chemical flush for an hour @ 80C dosed via the Magnaclean. Full Drain down, (I made sure it was FULL Drain down). Fill up again, Inhibitor. Also, most of the rot-box rads are GONE, with more to follow them out the door. The 5 spare ports in the UFH manifold soon won't be spare.

Nozzle

Not convinced. Have you seen the heat exchanger in your boiler? The tubes at the bottom are tiiiinnny. That's what makes it so efficient.

i do not reply to trolls for those of you waiting my response.

Any sensible posts will get a reply from me. But you must remain on topic and no BS allowed.

'the truth hurts' p diddy

I only saw inside the case when the cover was off for the week, can't say I saw inside the heatex, obviously.

Nozzle

i do not reply to trolls for those of you waiting my response.

Any sensible posts will get a reply from me. But you must remain on topic and no BS allowed.

'the truth hurts' p diddy

Never mind the bo11ox - Sex Pistols.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back