New Boiler Required,

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hope people can help me make a decision.

After a few problems over the years with our ferroli boiler , and with it needing it's 2nd heat exchanger in 5 years, I cannot be bothered to keep throwing good money after bad.

So I'm looking at new boilers. They all have bad reviews for one thing or another.

I was looking at the Worcester green star 30i or the veissman vitodens 50w 29kw (possibly the 100, but can't really see what the difference is on there website)

But then I came across the glow worm energy 30, (I remember my dad had a glow worm boiler till about 20 years ago when he ditched it for a combi of unknown origin when we had the extension done.)

From what I see the glow worm has the biggest warranty if fitted by an approved installer.

The Worcester I have been told would be £2600 to supply and fit, and the veissman about £2300.

The glow worm I'm assuming will be cheaper but it's not all about cost.

My main concern is reliability I just want to fit and forget and have it's annual service.

What are people's opinions?

Sponsored Links
Have to agree with everything Dan has said. Go for the Intergas

Plus one for Intergas. Fans of Intergas may become fans of Daikin too but it is too early to say. I've read that Daikin have just launched this April their own gas boiler (D2CND) based on the Intergas but with the benefit of a stainless steel heat exchanger and modulates down further to 2.9kW. Doesn't surprise me that they ended up copying Intergas given they have been selling rebadged Intergas boilers (EKOMBG-A) for a few years because they work very well with their own heat pump technology apparently.

Like Intergas, the Daikin boiler has fewer moving parts, remote monitoring, a 2-in-1 heat exchanger, smartphone control and is compact.

Any reason why we should choose Daikin over Intergas, in terms of engineering? Daikin's SWEP stainless steel exchanger is not conventional, it is a 'plate' design so does that mean it is more likely to block up? It has a EBM Papst fan, Grundfos pump and hydroblock, and Kromschröder gas valve which they say are premium components.

Video of the inside of a Daikin gas boiler:

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Perfect,

Looking into the integas now, I like the minimal amount of components.

The Daikin looks interesting, however I would be concerned of parts availablity and maybe backup support

just realised the daikin has a SWEP cooler, i deal with SWEP at work (marine engineering) and are very impressed with there gear, so i have sent off for info (confidence building) on the Daikin also.

The plate design, should mean it can be taken apart, however i cant see that SWEP sell a serviceable boiler heat exchanger.

Last edited:
Intriguing, interested to hear what info you manage to get from Daikin. It would be enlightening to see a cross section of their heat exchanger to get an idea of the diameter of the waterways. UK Sales appear to have limited knowledge on this boiler at the moment - I guess because it was designed abroad, probably in Japan or Europe. And UK technical support will only talk to engineers I think.

Last edited:
So far no response from Daikin dealers nor Daikin so doubt this is going to be an option. Phoned up 1 Daikin dealer local and they hadn't heard of the boiler and couldn't recommend it nor had there guys done the training on it.

Tried intergas fitters but still waiting for a call back.

So far only 2 veissman dealers have come back to me, 1 was hassle free boilers a national firm (not really sure about these guys my gut says steer clear of them) and the others really nicenice indepen chap due round Friday.

I know someone who works for Hassle Free Boilers. Don't touch them with a bargepole...

Did you try Robinson Heating for Intergas as Dan suggested? Dean @Dean744PiN5 is a good chap who will look after you very well indeed

Yeah tried calling Robinson and filled out his online form. No answer and nothing yet.

I'll message Dean.

Yeah I was thinking it might be best to steer clear of them, I don't like the way they keep hassling me every 5 minutes.

The guy who gets the job will be the one that fills me with the most confidence of their ability, it won't necessarily be the cheapest that wins.

A few years back needed some pointing done on the house, only 1 of the 3 I got round realised it was lime mortar, but was 2x the price of the other 2, went with the dearer as they seemed like they knew their stuff, and I was right they done a lovely job.

However if there cheap and confidence inspiring then that will be a winning combination

I work directly for Intergas as senior engineer and I can tell you that Dean Robinson is in the top two or three guys we deal with in the U.K.

And I've never met him in person so that's an objective opinion ;)

I've given Dean a prod for you, he is quite busy but definitely worth waiting for

Ok thanks, was going to give him another call this morning but don't want to pester him.

It's not urgent as we have hot water and the wearwea has warmed up. Just want to get costs so I can get enough finance to do the kitchen at the same time.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back