New Boiler Required,

Sponsored Links
@sxturbo, I was thinking of Viessmann too until I found some videos that demonstrate that there are some issues with the fundamental design of some models (not all I hope). Issues with leaking or splitting rubber hoses and some steel heat exchangers that have aluminium end panels that corrode.

Watch from 4:24, plumber not impressed with rubber hoses that could split, leak and burn the electrics. Why not use copper piping that won't split so easily?

Last edited:
Hmm

Food for thought, however they show more of a poorly installed boiler than actual design fault with the boilers, although Ali end plates isn't fantastic.

Sponsored Links
Small update

Had a quote for the Daikin come through today, £2600 Inc vat this includes smart meter and the external temp sensor so the boiler would be to the latest part L regulations that came into effect beginning of the month. So far this is the only installer to mention this.

I have the veissman man coming in the morning (didn't make it this afternoon), and an intergas guy ( who prefers to fit Worcesters ) coming round on Monday.

What I keep asking myself is should I really chance the unknown Daikin (known as a rotex gw smart in Europe)

Yeah.

Well least I know what sort of price I'm looking at now, so can start getting finances in place.

Just deciding what to do about the kitchen whether we knock through to dining room or not (will it be worth it value wise to the house) and we be good to go.

You don’t just do things to a house for the resale value... you do it to make it more habitable for your family.

Future owners can always put a wall back if it suits them.

Yeah I know that, however we are looking at moving within the next couple of years (expanding family) and the kitchen needs to be done, it's very dated and the paint is peeling from the cabinet doors from where I smartened it up 5 years ago and I wouldn't be comfortable selling it as is.

I've got to get a loan out to do the works and want to make sure it's worthwhile. If it was our forever home then it wouldn't be an issue.

I want to put a decent. Oiler in so it's trouble free for me for the next couple of years, and it's trouble free for the new owners (I know first hand what it's like to have a **** boiler in your first house)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back