New boiler selection - whats hot whats not ?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Quick question, multitude of answers no doubt ...

In the summer I plan on replacing my Radiant combi boiler.

What makes and perhaps models would the experts recommend ??

I know many answers my be swayed by the boilers you install yourself so be honest if you can ;)

Or equally as good, what makes to avoid !!!

I just know the answer to that one will be Italian Radiants !!

John

Sponsored Links
Steer clear of glowworms they charge 50p a minute on the tech line, anything french or italian or anything which sounds like a washing machine, Ravenheats, oh bolllocks to it, everything is crap get whatever you like.

Valliant. Worcester and Viessman are makes that have cropped up on this site as being of good character :D

Depends on your budget amongst other factors.

Bacho's listed the top of range boilers

At low end, look at Heatline and Ariston MicroGenus

Sponsored Links
Interesting answers:-

Thanks Bahco. My Father has a Valliant, being going strong for 15 years but seems an overly complex design. My local plumber also recommends Worcester.

I agree with Gastight, budget is important but to me the total cost of ownership is more important. I would rather pay more for a good boiler than one that needs fixing a lot. Same goes for cars and women :LOL:

If I can just follow up with one more question ...

My 9 year old Radiant RSF24 boiler is starting to get faults and probably beginning to hit the end of the bath-tub curve, so I looked at the new Radiant boilers and the RSF24 has been redesigned with microprocessor and diagnostic codes. www.radiant.it

Are you Professional people finding these new boilers designs useful or just a PITA and you end up changing the control board more often?

John

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back