What does a new boiler & installation cost in London?

Agile said:
London is a large place and with traffic speeds as low as 6 mph or even stationry for long periods one simply does not "nip" anywhere!Tony

Tony, as one of your favorite topics is pulling people up on their spelling, or lack of it, would it not be prudent to get yours correct :rolleyes: :LOL:

Sponsored Links
Gasman1015 said:
Polly1 said:
Would you pay a mechanic just for looking at your car? Or do you expect him to actually fix something?

But you have to travel to the mechanic, I'm sure Agile would look at your boiler if you took it to him.

I was once asked by a manufacturer to look at a boiler which had failed during the warranty period.

I called the Arab owner and asked for the address where the boiler was fitted. He replied that it was in the boot of his car.

I had to explain that I could only repair his boiler when it was installed in a property and connected to gas and water. I expect he took it back to the shed for them to repack and sell to someone else!

Tony

Polly1 said:
namsag said:
How do you know the cost isn`t vastly more if the contingency has never been used.

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

I used my own contingency for 5 months......
You "used" it? Really?

And yet you previously said:
I was actually away for a lot of the time anyway, so I wasn't that bothered about it.
:rolleyes:

namsag said:
As Polly is in london could Agile not nip round and see them and have a bullsh#t talking contest. It would be some battle. :LOL: :LOL:
There is not enough popcorn in the world to match my stamina for spectating at that contest.

Polly1 said:
The plumber looks annoyed & replies that he'll have to charge another 50 quid if he gets out of his car!

It's really like that isn't it!
Absolutely n.... , er, actually, yes - it is like that.

You got me. I can't maintain the facade any longer. That's how all plumbers and heating engineers operate, all over the land. You've exposed the truth with your persistent but patient talking of b*llocks; it was only a matter of time. Have you considered a career in advocacy?

I must say, Polly1, that you appear to be a very smart person. Clearly we are no match for you quick wit, and your acute intelligence is matched only by your common sense and integrity. Oh, and your personal hygiene is beyond reproach.

Sponsored Links
Once again Softus, your use of the British vernacular is second to none.

And for the record...my middle name is Mavis.

A dog called Poppy? hmmmm

A great thread to read...one I cant comment on as everything seems to have been said already.

Bit like writing an essay at school. You have an introduction (tw*t Polly)
not sure what the middle bits called. Then you have a conclusion (Polly is a tw*t)

Dave

Dave, you're gonna make me blush in a moment. :eek:

And for the record...my middle name is Mavis.
Aw, I'm so envious. :cry:

This means that your departure, on pretty much any occasion, can be reflected by the immortal commentary: "Mavis has left the building!"

You have an introduction (tw*t Polly), not sure what the middle bits called. Then you have a conclusion (Polly is a tw*t)
You've topped the charts with that succinct, and amusing, summary. :D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back