Don't understand british gas quote for a new boiler

if your landlord gave that quote to a decent indipendant installer he could do it for probably half the price, with exactly the same boiler and components and maybe even a flush! BG rely alot on their brand to hike up the price

Sponsored Links
I recently had BG quote me for a replacement boiler..... the "best" bit was when they said they needed to use scaffolding to finish off the outside of the new flue, and using scaffolding was a £600 fixed fee....!!!!!!!!!

Whatever happened to a bloke up a ladder...?

:eek:

their mantra is: bloke up ladder falls off. bloke up a scaffold rarely does.

TBH the BG blanket mentality is annoying. i'm not allowed to go on roofs of any kind but regularly do it to get the ****ing job done and minimise red tape for the customer.

Can anyone define exactly what a power cleanse involves and how long it takes?

I had a nice BG fellow describing a sonic cleanse to me today.

Tony

Sponsored Links
nickso";p="1537652 said:
I recently had BG quote me for a replacement boiler..... the "best" bit was when they said they needed to use scaffolding to finish off the outside of the new flue, and using scaffolding was a £600 fixed fee....!!!!!!!!!

Whatever happened to a bloke up a ladder...?

:eek:

their mantra is: RGI up ladder falls off. RGI up a scaffold rarely does.

Plumber up ladder with club hammer and chisel - put back matching brick and re point - not like BG :LOL:

its not worth white van man getting 1,the only reason bg got one cos in the long run its cheaper than replacing £100+ plates and sxi h-exchangers

The proccess of a sonic clean is sound but the application is pointless as it isn't financially justified, bg only use them as a demonstration tool to sell scale guards, powerflushes etc.
On a bit of an Agile style meandering I went for an interview 20 years ago with a business who sonic cleaned industrial equipment and also used the same technology to weld together dissimilar materials, it was impressive just the vibration making an unbreakable joint.

bg use them so they dont have 2 replace the plate h-exchanger....more costly to the company,and then advise to them they need a powerflush.which will solve problem.their not just gonna change a plate every year cos systems full off muck....

The proccess of a sonic clean is sound but the application is pointless as it isn't financially justified, bg only use them as a demonstration tool to sell scale guards, powerflushes etc.
On a bit of an Agile style meandering I went for an interview 20 years ago with a business who sonic cleaned industrial equipment and also used the same technology to weld together dissimilar materials, it was impressive just the vibration making an unbreakable joint.

Aqualisa shower valves used to be (?) built useing sonic weld equipment , they were are made of plastic !

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back