Don't understand british gas quote for a new boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all, british gas have given me a quote for a new boiler, but i didn't get a chance to discuss it with the engineer as he rushed out the door afterwards.

total quote is £3,750

two main items are the boiler itself:

"Greenstar 28i High Eff. Combi Boiler - £1,690"

Fair enough that is clear. However, the next line on the quote which says:

"combi for combi boiler replacement installation -- £1,607.21"

I don't understand what this means? Can anyone shed any light?

Sponsored Links
it means you're about to pay a lot of money for a boiler swap and they haven't insisted on a powerflush yet

it means you're about to pay a lot of money for a boiler swap and they haven't insisted on a powerflush yet

quote is for my landlord, not me, but they've left it here. just don't understand it - is it a badly described labour charge?

Hi all, british gas have given me a quote he rushed out the door afterwards. :LOL: :LOL:

However, the next line on the quote which says:

"combi for combi boiler replacement installation -- £1,607.21"

I don't understand what this means? Can anyone shed any light?
remove an existing combi and replace with a new one :idea: Spend the money - you`ll be saving the planet and the engineers jobs:cool: Now please leave - there is no room for more than 1 idiot here ;)

Sponsored Links
I have seen few of the BG quotes ,the first price is for the boiler itself,the second is the labour charge and then you will electrical testing,they dont do a power flush,it is now clalled a power cleanse .There arer special reasons for this ,also if you want a magnaclean filter etc then you will have the final charge ie complete install price ,this will be just shy of 4 thousand pounds!!! kerching,thanka ya very much :evil: :evil:

before you commit to british gas shop around any decent registered gas installer will answer all your questions and explain what work needs to be done and why. hunt around on this site you will find some good installers and save yourself a shed load of money ;)

Get your landlord to go for the BG quote and request it's fitted on the 31st of March, more chance of a decent job that day ;)

Only joking :evil: :evil:

dont mind me saying, but if qoute is for your landlord why are you bothered let him sort it out.

I have seen few of the BG quotes ,
,they dont do a power flush,it is now clalled a power cleanse .

What is the difference then? Didn't they try to get the registered trademark on Powerflush a few years ago?

they do still do powerflushes but you have to pay for it.

powercleanse is the new thing, basically its a waste of time, if you even see the machine come out of the van with a powercleanse you are lucky.

if the engineer (not the salesman) doesnt note down a powerflush is required on his paperwork and the salesmans "touch test" doesnt make him think there is a need for a flush you will automatically get a cleanse.

the words need to be put into a dialogue

are you flush with money
we'll cleanse your pockets

Power cleanse is word play,same as annual safety check which they had to call it after so many manufacturers complained about british gas sticking telegan into boiler saying its ok and charging people extortianate amounts of money for service,which certainly isn't

Yes they did try and claim the words "powerflush" belonged to them and went to court with Kamco basically toold to fook off as far as i know,there is load info on it,if you really really need to know on the kamco site

I recently had BG quote me for a replacement boiler..... the "best" bit was when they said they needed to use scaffolding to finish off the outside of the new flue, and using scaffolding was a £600 fixed fee....!!!!!!!!!

Whatever happened to a bloke up a ladder...?

:eek:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back