New boiler / system query

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Guys,

Firstly, may I wish you all a very happy new year!

I just want to pick your brains if you don't mind.

1. My trusty old flamingo 20/30 is deceased! I think the 20/30 stood for btu's - is that correct? If that's the case, then it's about 8.8kw. Most of the smaller combi's seem to be about 24kw. Is that extra capacity simply due to the fact that they are on demand?

2. Existing system is open vented, gravity - but it would be nice to lose the tanks etc and go combi. I know that if I stay open vented, the system would need to be converted to fully pumped, which requires the 3 port valve and additional work. On an installation basis, is it easier for the installer if I stay on a heat only boiler and convert to fully pumped, or go the combi route?

3. Now, normally I don't cheapskate, as I'm a great believer in that you get what you pay for, BUT we are thinking of moving soon, so don't want to go mad on the cost of a boiler. However, being a decent guy, I don't want to leave the potential new owners a pile of cack!
I've been looking at either the Biasi 24 HE combi A and the 24 HE combi B.
Are these boilers ok, or are they as bad as the cheapo Chinese a/c - heat pumps which so many of my customers want me to install?

Thanks

G.

Sponsored Links
These boilers are ok if fitted properly on clean system and commissioned professionally.

Biasi at present have one of the lowest warranty failure rates in the industry.

Just get a good and reliable installer ;)

as an installer it is easier to go combi,with open vented and gravity circs there is a lot of pipe work mods plus heat only boilers tend to dearer than combis.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back