New Boiler system sending bills sky high. Help with right setting

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Less than a year now. Got new plumbing system with Atag I40s system boiler with unvented cylinder 210l.

Compared to the previous old vented system the gas bill seems to have double out.

Plumber set up hotwater to 65° and heating to 70°

Can you please advise if the hotwater can be keep lower despite is on the unvented cylinder and if the heating at 70° is the most efficient temperature.

Is there any other check to make sure boiler is not overrunning and just burning extra gas?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Hot Water can be 55. Heating should be set as low as you can get away with whilst still effectively heating your house. A 40kW boiler is enormous though, do you live in a castle?

Do also keep in mind that gas prices have doubled. What is your consumption like compared to last year?

Hot Water can be 55. Heating should be set as low as you can get away with whilst still effectively heating your house. A 40kW boiler is enormous though, do you live in a castle?

Do also keep in mind that gas prices have doubled. What is your consumption like compared to last year?

Is 55° enough to kill legionella bacteria inside the boiler? I will put the heating temperature to 60° and see if works. Maybe will take more time to do warm-up and that's why I made the question.

I have to warm up 3 bedrooms plus 2 bedrooms on the loft and 3 bathrooms plus extension.

Before loft conversion year usage of gas was around 800/850m3 now we got to 1850m3

55 where the sensor is should be 60+ at the outlet which is fine.

I very much suspect your boiler is significantly oversized for your property and that's why it's using too much gas, although for it to more than double would be surprising. When was the property built? What's the floor area?

Sponsored Links
Sure its not looking at the past through rose tinted glass?

Did your old system actually work and did it keep your has as warm as it is now?
Was your old system heating a smaller area?
Have you changed from electric to pumped shower?

Stealth changes are not uncommon.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back