New boiler - Worcester or Vaillant??

Their controls are one of the worst on the market for usability and they cant be arsed to put numbers on their pressure gauge, as usual they try and outsmart themselves by having to push a button to then find out what the pressure is. Also when they used garden hose instead of copper in their boiler that certainly aint alot to write home about.

Sponsored Links
Negativity surrounding Ideal is centered around an older range that they used to make.

Ive been fitting them for ages and its the number one boiler that I offer my customers.

firstly the negativity isn't all about the boiler it is also about the appaulling lack of customer service, there inability to attend to a breakdown in under a week, their blame the installer culture and the shocking unreliability of every boiler they have made in the last 10 years!

as for your second comment, best of luck when they all start going wrong and come back to bite you on the a**e!

as for the op's question either the WB or the Vaillant will be ok, i personally prefer the vaillant as the diagnostics are superior and they don't sit in reset mode for half an hour if switched off!

I would say from a customer service and product standpoint that Ideal have changed massively for the better

It took a lot for me to start fitting the Logic range based on what you said in your post, and since I started to fit them again, I havent had a bad experience at all, and I am as confident as I can be that it will continue.

Regards.

Their controls are one of the worst on the market for usability and they cant be a***d to put numbers on their pressure gauge, as usual they try and outsmart themselves by having to push a button to then find out what the pressure is. Also when they used garden hose instead of copper in their boiler that certainly aint alot to write home about.

my customers don't have a problem with the controls it maybe just you, but you dont have to use them if you dont want to. and really is it so hard to push a button to get the pressure ?? How often do customers check the pressure on their boiler anyway? never ime until something goes wrong. Plenty of boilers now with digital pressure reading, its more accurate. As for the rubber hoses they went along time ago, hence my post, keep up to date will you.

Their controls are one of the worst on the market for usability and they cant be a***d to put numbers on their pressure gauge, as usual they try and outsmart themselves by having to push a button to then find out what the pressure is. Also when they used garden hose instead of copper in their boiler that certainly aint alot to write home about.

my customers don't have a problem with the controls it maybe just you, but you dont have to use them if you dont want to. and really is it so hard to push a button to get the pressure ?? How often do customers check the pressure on their boiler anyway? never ime until something goes wrong. Plenty of boilers now with digital pressure reading, its more accurate. As for the rubber hoses they went along time ago, hence my post, keep up to date will you.

"Also when they used garden hose instead of copper in their boiler that certainly aint alot to write home about." :rolleyes:

You must not have many customers.
Facts are facts, their controls verge on cr*p compared to others.
Their reps are the most corrupt I have ever encountered.
They still in bed with Homeserve :LOL:

Sponsored Links
Ha Ha, whatever the customer wants, I've got a business to run.
Vaillant boilers in general are good, some aspects of them I do like, some I dont.

I would actually hand on heart choose an ecotec plus over a Worcester cdi but outside of that everything Worcester has or does, controls, sales, generally putting themselves across totally annihilates Vaillant.

But generally these boilers are getting very pricey, I have been fitting some potty golds of late which are good for the money but again nothing to write home about.

Well I agree Vaillant is not the company it was before glow worm starting pull in the strings but Viessmann is very up an comin an remind me a lot of Vaillant in the early days

"Also when they used garden hose instead of copper in their boiler that certainly aint alot to write home about." :rolleyes:

You must not have many customers.
Facts are facts, their controls verge on cr*p compared to others.
Their reps are the most corrupt I have ever encountered.
They still in bed with Homeserve :LOL:

I have plenty of customers, I have no idea even what that comment has on this discussion tbh. Just stating facts. I've only been fitting vaillant for the last year as I used to work for them and I was waiting til they finished ironing out faults before i fitted them. Thats happened and now they are solid. I know the product far better than you ever will, and if you explain the controls to the customer correctly and tell them to ignore the manual(yes it is poorly written and overcomplicates things) they really are not to hard to understand, not the best no, but not bad.
The reps are a bit wideboyish i give you that, but thats irrelevent to my customers as is their relationship with homeserve, as they are my customers not vaillants. You seem to have a real bug bear with them but struggle to mention a better alternative. Potty gold, oh well you are spoiling your customers.

Oh dear,

I have loads of customers, always have and always will, thats why I dont ever need to sub off the likes of bg.

I spoil my customers with quality installs and give them value for money unless they want to pay more wonga for a more expensive boiler.

Maybe you do know the product more than I ever will, I certainly know business more than you ever will. I know how to explain controls to customers, maybe you like to chuck in 130's and cya

Oh dear,

I have loads of customers, always have and always will, thats why I dont ever need to sub off the likes of bg.

I spoil my customers with quality installs and give them value for money unless they want to pay more wonga for a more expensive boiler.

Maybe you do know the product more than I ever will, I certainly know business more than you ever will. I know how to explain controls to customers, maybe you like to chuck in 130's and cya

well its nice of you to make those assumptions, but obviously you can only guess....badly..

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back