New build alarm install

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I'm going to be purchasing a new build property. The flooring and carpet will be installed prior to moving. Given this, I wanted to install a wireless alarm system, fairly basic install, PIRs, door contact and a sounder. Hardwiring the main controller to a spur wouldn't be an issue.

Ideally I want to install this system myself, is there a recommendation on which brand to get?

Many thanks,

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Thank you all for your responses.

I was looking at the pyronix enforcer kits and I think kit 3 will suit my needs.

Dont forget you will also need a bell backplate and cover …also if possible fit a 12v psu in the loft and power the bell from this , saves changing the battery packs every two - three years , the new version bell mod takes cr123a batteries…

Dont forget you will also need a bell backplate and cover …also if possible fit a 12v psu in the loft and power the bell from this , saves changing the battery packs every two - three years , the new version bell mod takes cr123a batteries…
Do you have an recommendations on the type of 12v transformer I can use?

I've fitted Bell transformer before, which I believe was 12v.

Example ….1 amp is ample ….

Attachments

• 48822C02-2972-4CB3-B8DD-926ABB5EBEFB.png
    48822C02-2972-4CB3-B8DD-926ABB5EBEFB.png
    146.3 KB · Views: 52
Most manufacturers now charge for cloud services to be fair. Very few are free , but will probably charge in the future.

OK so wireless is easier - but with a new build why aren't you having a cabled system installed/ only needs one power source less batteries to think about and remember.
Less RF in the building/area so less chance of it not working as designed for you.

OK so wireless is easier - but with a new build why aren't you having a cabled system installed/ only needs one power source less batteries to think about and remember.
Less RF in the building/area so less chance of it not working as designed for you.

ok in theory…..but the builder then wants £800 to put the cables in …won’t allow anybody in before completing the sale ….unfortunately this is how it is …

ok in theory…..but the builder then wants £800 to put the cables in …won’t allow anybody in before completing the sale ….unfortunately this is how it is …
A work colleague was in the same situation a few years back. He paid for cables to be installed which they did. When he finally moved in he couldn't find the cable for the RKP (was at the end-station) and they had tiled over the bell cable on the front of the house

Yeah, my developer only offered a wireless system install and in my opinion, I thought it was quite expensive and I wasn't told what type of system it would be. I think it was around £800 for 2 PIR system.

I'll probably wire the deltabell using the 12v as mentioned on this thread. But wiring all the PIRs would be a challenge given the flooring and carpets are in.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back