New build kitchen sink

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys,

I have a new build with a fairly cheap sink. Does anyone know the gauge or stainless steel they tend to use? It is a "Leisure" branded sink but I don't see this one on their website - must be too cheap.

My problem is that I've installed a water softener and have a three way tap. The tap is pretty heavy and solid and the sink struggles to take it so it wobbles. I want to replace it for a better quality sink.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Buy one from a decent manufacturer, Franke for example. What may be more of problem will be getting a different sink to fit as the cut-outs won't match.

Sponsored Links
Presumably tap has been plumbed in using flexies. Replace using copper tails and the pipework will prevent this wobbling.

You can also get brackets that fit below the taps that also strengthen the sink to reduce the wobble. Sorry cannot for the life of me remember naow who supplies them.

I make my own underside strengthener with some 18mm ply, fixed using the tap backnuts.....usually that's enough.
I would doubt that there's a great deal of metal thickness difference whatever the make, but Franke is definitely one of the best.
John :)

I brace with aluminium flat bar 2mm thick, easy top cut it to form a large washer underneath supporting the thin sink.

Hi guys,

I have a new build with a fairly cheap sink. Does anyone know the gauge or stainless steel they tend to use? It is a "Leisure" branded sink but I don't see this one on their website - must be too cheap.

My problem is that I've installed a water softener and have a three way tap. The tap is pretty heavy and solid and the sink struggles to take it so it wobbles. I want to replace it for a better quality sink.

Thanks

You should probably consider getting a more reliable one and one that allows for the modifications you want.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back