New Build Snagging

Thanks everyone.
The HA have been pretty unhelpful so far.
They told me I needed to call in. I have called in twice and been told that apparently, their computers are not working and they will call me back. Nothing.
I will give it until mid-week, as this gives me more time to collate all of the issues I have unearthed. Then I will hit them with a final email. I am going to re-order everything in importance order and set deadlines for the works to be completed. I am thinking that a four week deadline is fair, considering I am at work most of the week, so this would allow for maybe four potential dates for someone to attend.

As time goes on, I find more issues. Will try and post a few more when I get a minute.

Sponsored Links
Thanks everyone.
The HA have been pretty unhelpful so far.
They told me I needed to call in. I have called in twice and been told that apparently, their computers are not working and they will call me back. Nothing.
I will give it until mid-week, as this gives me more time to collate all of the issues I have unearthed. Then I will hit them with a final email. I am going to re-order everything in importance order and set deadlines for the works to be completed. I am thinking that a four week deadline is fair, considering I am at work most of the week, so this would allow for maybe four potential dates for someone to attend.

As time goes on, I find more issues. Will try and post a few more when I get a minute.

Are you allowed for example to put up Sky dishes yourself or have sky got to do

Are you allowed for example to put up Sky dishes yourself or have sky got to do

Don’t get me started on that! You have to seek permission. I was told before completing you can use sky/do it yourself etc but you have to get permission first.

Emailed the corrext department plus several others (as time went on) each week on a Monday for three weeks regarding this and putting an outdoor power socket on the wall - see my other post.

Got othing back. Fourth Monday, I sent my fourth and final email explaining I had been very patient in waiting for a reply and as I had not even had an acknowledgement, I would be assuming implied permission after 48hrs of sending the email. I further explained I would be booking men for the apropriate works.

They replied in 23 minutes - it told me on GMail. I started as I meant to go on and will certainly do the same with this snagging!

Don’t get me started on that! You have to seek permission. I was told before completing you can use sky/do it yourself etc but you have to get permission first.

Emailed the corrext department plus several others (as time went on) each week on a Monday for three weeks regarding this and putting an outdoor power socket on the wall - see my other post.

Got othing back. Fourth Monday, I sent my fourth and final email explaining I had been very patient in waiting for a reply and as I had not even had an acknowledgement, I would be assuming implied permission after 48hrs of sending the email. I further explained I would be booking men for the apropriate works.

They replied in 23 minutes - it told me on GMail. I started as I meant to go on and will certainly do the same with this snagging!

Do you live in the Essex area?

Sponsored Links
How about considering a further e mail to the H/A and builder stating that unless you hear back within [say] 48 hrs, you will go ahead with the snagging issues and send the account from your preferred builder to them to sort out??

Just a consideration??

How about considering a further e mail to the H/A and builder stating that unless you hear back within [say] 48 hrs, you will go ahead with the snagging issues and send the account from your preferred builder to them to sort out??

Just a consideration??

Isnt that right of substitution? -you have to follow the correct protocol to the letter or they would get out of paying.

You would have to pay and reclaim the cost. It wouldnt be fair to leave a builder to chase for the money.

Have just emailed them again. Will wait until end of week, and if things don't start moving in the right direction, I will do as you have advised and say I will get in and pay for a builder, and forward them on the cost. If cost is not met, I will hold back rental monies for the unsold equity until builder balance is paid off. ;)

Hopefully things will not get to that stage.

Be very careful about withholding rent monies. I would suggest you pay a solicitor to draft a letter stating your complaints and that if they do not resolve the issues by a certain date you will take legal action to force them to respond and submit a claim for compensation to cover the costs of all your efforts.

I am with conny, above. that is a plan

If you can find the time start to think about the time you have expended in this [make a guess @ £ ??? -- 20?---30?-- 40?? / Hr]
Add in two tradesmen at £ 200 / £ 300 / day each for 5 days.

Material make a guess @ £ 800 / £900.

Send them a bill via the Solicitor[plus Solicitors fee £ 300??] and explain that the costs are expected to escalate from this figure

You could scare them with a figure not LESS THAN £ 4,500??

Might make some one sit up and take some notice, then add your personal time on top of all this.

Just a consideration??

Ken

I dont understand HA are not that concerned after all its half their property.

Sponsored Links
Back