New Build Snagging

They may be getting a backhander from the builder and don't want to upset the "working relationship".

Sponsored Links
They may be getting a backhander from the builder and don't want to upset the "working relationship".
Possible.

I have experience of HAs (and their "service providers"), and it is not unknown.
Also, it can also be a case of the tail wagging the dog: the HA forgets it is the customer, and is dictated to, rather than dictating.

There is a possibility, I have seen it with my sons flat, which he owns, he lives in a block that is "Factored" by a H/A, [the H/A act as property manager]

There was an on-going but intermittent leak from one of the flats above, it took the H/A 8 months to get entry and locate the leak, result was an insurance claim for as I recall £9 K

Despite several contacts per week by telephone, e mail Etc the H/A just did not appear to care.

I believe that the H/A are so tied up with "Looking out for" and "Caring for" their more disadvantaged tenants who pay rent that if you are a Home owner you are at the back of the Que

Brown envilopes
Don’t get me started on that! You have to seek permission. I was told before completing you can use sky/do it yourself etc but you have to get permission first.

Emailed the corrext department plus several others (as time went on) each week on a Monday for three weeks regarding this and putting an outdoor power socket on the wall - see my other post.

Got othing back. Fourth Monday, I sent my fourth and final email explaining I had been very patient in waiting for a reply and as I had not even had an acknowledgement, I would be assuming implied permission after 48hrs of sending the email. I further explained I would be booking men for the apropriate works.

They replied in 23 minutes - it told me on GMail. I started as I meant to go on and will certainly do the same with this snagging!

They won't let you put your own satellite disk up near Stansted as it could affect the communication with the planes. There was a famous example of this a good few years back in Peckham

Sponsored Links
Brown envilopes

They won't let you put your own satellite disk up near Stansted as it could affect the communication with the planes. There was a famous example of this a good few years back in Peckham
Ah yes, I had not thought about that. I had been thinking the sky was the limit with this property, but maybe not haha :LOL:

A few more areas of concern. What do you think...
IMG_0670_-_Copy.jpg

IMG_0671_-_Copy.jpg

These are the breeze blocks in the loft. Second picture is not so bad, but should there be so many gaps and cracks in the first image?

A few more areas of concern. What do you think...
IMG_0670_-_Copy.jpg

IMG_0671_-_Copy.jpg

These are the breeze blocks in the loft. Second picture is not so bad, but should there be so many gaps and cracks in the first image?

Hello Ryan

There's someone on here who uses a catapult when doing brick work. I think he did this.

You will get no joy from the builder on this but once this is over I would put this on social media and expose the builder..

Bod

Sponsored Links
Back