New Car Battery Plant

Sponsored Links
No they're not.
You're right, Planning 38

Ours will be too late for exporting cars to the EU, apparently.

So what was wrong with British Volt and what are the Aussies going to do up there?

Is there any development in the type of batteries or are they all planning the same?

We're apparently relying on China and sweaty parts of Africa for Li where people work and live in squalor, and for wages so low it's not worth recycling the batteries. How Green is that?

We need A David Bowie , "Man who fell to earth."

Sponsored Links
it's good we're having signs of a proper stake in it.

Not sure I would call it a proper stake. Where once we pioneered vehicle design and manufactured them to export across the globe. Now we're buying some some low tech jobs with taxpayers' money. Suppose we should be grateful we're getting a few crumbs from the Far East, but let's not pretend we're at the forefront, basking in the white heat of technology.

Or the German taxpayers or the Spanish taxpayers or the tax payer of any EU country wanting to attract investment.
Where do you think all the profit will be going filly ? To the UK taxpayer? To the UK government? Or exported ? And just a few jobs expensively subsidised.

It's a good deal, compared to not having a battery plant, but it's not that good overall. Unless you think foreign companies running the UK is a good deal.

Or the German taxpayers or the Spanish taxpayers or the tax payer of any EU country wanting to attract investment.

So MNC play countries off against each other using public funds - now where is the free market in that?

Whilst walking the house dog this evening, I had to swoop to avoid all of the "brown envelopes" flying about my head.

I should be aggrieved if I actually paid any £££'s in tax.

Sponsored Links
Back