New CH boiler Gurgle and air created at 3 port valvr

Oh, thanks, tried that, doesn't stick.
As to the radiator, one of them has got a patch pretty much randomly in the middle that is much colder than the rest of it
PHOTO attached .
Bingo! Tap the area with a rubber mallet (I use the rubberised handle of a hammer) and bleed the radiator. You will now find there is air in it. Of course, whatever you dislodge will have to go somewhere. I hope you have a Magnaclean or equivalent.

Sponsored Links
I will attempt....and report back..sure there is more than meets the eye..

...just quickly, if I turn that radiator off and the smack bang whallop gluck gluck still happens, am I right to assume that radiator may not have been the cause ?

...just quickly, if I turn that radiator off and the smack bang whallop gluck gluck still happens, am I right to assume that radiator may not have been the cause ?
Maybe so, but it may have contributed to the noise coming from elsewhere. I still have some noise in my system, but it reduced considerably after I cleared one particular radiator.

Sponsored Links
Thanks Mike. Just texted my plumber, he said it can't be that because system has been flushed and the radiator does get warm......the search will continue .....

Thanks Mike. Just texted my plumber, he said it can't be that because system has been flushed and the radiator does get warm......the search will continue .....
I flushed my system, and the radiator was warm, but something had still not shifted. There is nothing to be lost by tapping the radiator in the cold area and bleeding it again. Give it a go anyway.

Thanks Mike, it s on the list for next week s plumbers " to do :)

I have only got a normal hammer and that clearly would cause considerable damage .As mad as I am with my heating , that would not be a sensible plan!
Coincidentally I just turned that radiator on full blast and it appears to be hot all over...
To be honest, I don't think that would be the sole reason for that smack bang gluck gluck bang whallop that occurs...
I will keep you informed...thank you

Hi, long time not seen. The saga continues, gluck gluck goes and comes again. 2 more plumbers have been and are gone and the electrician is rewiring the whole timer-boiler-3 Port Valve scenario in a week on Monday.
Plumbers still scratch their heads and argue as to where the auto air vents should or shouldn't go.
One is already on the rhs on the return before it goes in the boiler. But, that clearly doesn't do any good.
If I switch CH off first and then HW, the air created travels through the tank, through the return, through the pump, through the tank again and then the whole thing stops anyway. So, the auto air vent doesn't catch the air then, how would it catch the air if it sits after the 3 Port valve on the flow to the radiators ?

Dear oh dear oh dear, 4th month now and still not a lot wiser

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back