New combi boiler in loft - Is this notifyable ?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have an existing mains ring main in the loft and I am now looking to get a plumber in to fit a new gas combi boiler via a fused switched spur and my question is - is this work notifyable ?

I know the fused switched spur isn't as it mentions here:

//wiki.diynot.com/electrics:part_p:diy_electrical_work_and_the_law

the following:

2. Work which - (c) consists of - (ii) adding socket outlets and fused spurs to an existing ring or radial circuit.

?

Sponsored Links
As far as I know fitting boilers comes under other building regs so its notifiable for them! I assume you ‘plumber’ is corgi registered, if so I think they handle the paperwork. As the boiler isn’t in kitchen, bathroom, special location etc the electrical side isn’t notifiable from what I can see.

I did that because from what I have seen over of in the 'Plumbing and Central Heating' forum (where I don’t go as often) the regulars seam to class a plumber as someone who puts pipes together. They (seam to) say your better with a ‘heating engineer’ when it comes to boilers, as then the installer wont make installation errors and can offer a decent level of after care. I may have got the wrong end of the stick though, so I just put plumber in the inverted commas to make you think about the person you choose to plum in your boiler, as you don’t just want someone who will make it work, but that will make it to its best potential and for years to come.

Sponsored Links
ok thanks sm1thson

I will be using a corgi registered person to fit it so no worries there - As the boiler is going to be a decent baxi platinum should I really be thinking of contacting baxi and getting them to recommend a local baxi approved corgi person ?

mark.carline said:
ok thanks sm1thson

I will be using a corgi registered person to fit it so no worries there - As the boiler is going to be a decent baxi platinum should I really be thinking of contacting baxi and getting them to recommend a local baxi approved corgi person ?
I would have thought your supplier was a better bet, if you have bought it locally, but if not then I agree with Smithson that you would be better looking for a registered plumbing & heating engineer rather than a corgi registered plumber.(For all the same reasons he gave) Failing that baxi do have there own team of engineers,but whether they do instalation work or not I am not sure, as you suspect they will probably have authorised installers.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back