New Combi Boiler Installation - Giving me a headache.

out the 4 the viessmann but...

it makes no odd what boiler you get...if the install is poor then it makes bugger all difference.

the only combi boiler that can put of with a dirty system is intergas, so treating your system water is a very important step.

Sponsored Links
how is it out of your price range.. makes me laugh this because this boiler is going to give you hot water & heating for 12 years or more.

bet you have a bmw or something!

I always find the ones with say a bmw or audi etc want a heatline

an the ones with a p reg fiesta want a vaillant / worcester!

...I always find the ones with say a bmw or audi etc want a heatline

an the ones with a p reg fiesta want a vaillant / worcester!

That is not surprising at all. Small willy syndrome aka chip on shoulder. Certain cars have an attraction for certain groups of the population. Once you have worked out which, the boiler story starts to make sense.

Sponsored Links
I'm suspicious of anyone who recommends glowworm

why?

By and large I have found that installers that recommend Glowworm, as a brand (which usually means they like the cheap models) tend to do poor work. I feel the same for the other usual suspects like WB junior or i-series.

fair enough, but doesnt make the boiler bad. I actually found many more vaillants installed badly than glowworms in my GS days. Interestingly, Ultracoms tended to be installed better than flexicoms...maybe cos theyre slightly more money? strange

Not that strange. Leaving out the complete rip off merchants, cheap boilers go with cheap quotes. Cheap quotes leave little room for labour, thus cheap boilers tend to be flung one the wall rather than installed. Hence heatline, juinor/i series and just about every other cheapo often combine poor boiler with poor workmanship.
What is that company that does subsidised installs called again? The one where the subbies allegedly get less than £200 to do all the work.

I may have misread, but is 5TIMES having a go? If you must know I have a modest 8yo family car and live on a very tight budget. Its taken most of this year and no family holidays to put this money together for a new boiler.

I've had 4 quotes on various boilers which all came in around the £1100 mark. These were boilers the installers recommended, I didnt ask for the cheapest boiler they fit so I can spend money on a pseudo penis. 2 installers off ratedpeople.com, 2 recommends. The viessmann installer is offering the best boiler it would appear, but I need to drum up another £400. That quote did include a weather compensator & wireless room stat, suppose I can knock some cash off for that. I plan to move in 5 years time so want a boiler that will at least last that.

I only asked for an opinion on the boilers recommended & questioned the methods of the installers, when I saw the colour of the water in the radiators and had the recommended installer say 'yep, thats ok' alarm bells started to ring.

Does anyone recommend the likes of baxi's, glowworms, mains etc, or should I spend the extra on a viessmann/worcestor bocsh?

Viessmann is way better than baxi/gw etc.
WB much dearer than Viessmann.
Viessmann without weathercomp is best quality/value for money. The only question now is: how good is the installer?

Said he's installed 200 of the vitoden 100w, had a problem with 2 of them. Has had the same boiler himself for 9 years without issue. Warranty is boosted to 5 years as he's trained with them.

Seems an good guy, our kids goto the same school so i'd be nagging him everyday if there was an issue :)

He recommended the 35kw, which seems a little overkill for a 2 bed terrace with a loft conversion (7 rads, 1 bath) and a woodburning stove in the livingroom.

Are valliants worth getting a quote on?

...He recommended the 35kw, which seems a little overkill for a 2 bed terrace with a loft conversion (7 rads, 1 bath) and a woodburning stove in the livingroom.
Boiler size has nothing to do with the size of the house. It's worth the few extra bob

Are valliants worth getting a quote on?

No, not when competing with Viessmann 100

It is always assumed that a cheap boiler equates to a cheap quote , or a cheap boiler is slung in ??

We have installed 364 budget boiers (cheap) the quotes were not cheap , & in the majority of cases they were not slung in !

The ones that were slung in were those we installed for ourselves / personal use !

As for all this power flushing ?? it is now big buissness ? do all the systems that are power flushed need it ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back