New concealed cistern - poor flush

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Just finished a DIY bathroom refurb. New toilet has a really poor flush with very little water delivery and very weak water output. It was whatever cheap-ass cistern the supplier gave me "for free" with the pan. Am I likely to resolve this issue with a quality concealed cistern and if so, any recommendations please? Or will the cheap-ass cistern work as well as an expensive one if I perform some kind adjustment on it?

Many thanks.

Sponsored Links
Don't they usually have an adjuster inside to control how much water is released. Mine can be adjusted between 6 and 7.5 litres on full flush, or half of this on a partial flush. I think it's usually just an adjustable screw.

You haven't left the flush pipe too long going up into the cistern?

Is it dual flush and only the part one working..
Ive found SF Flomasta cistern to be excellent..it will flush solids on a part flush .

Sponsored Links
As above, are you sure the horizontal section of the flush pipe isn't actually running uphill? Also is the cistern filling properly?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back