New Cooker and Hob

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, first post, hope someone can help.
Just purchased a new Baumatic built in oven B724SS, with max rated inputs 4.12KW. Instructions say, require 20 amp double pole switched fuse outlet with 3mm contact gap.
Also purchased Belling PBI 60 induction hob, max load 7.4KW (based on all 4 rings on at once). Instructions say must be installed using a multi pole control unit of 30 amp minimum.
My existing wiring is a 6mm cable from the CU which has a Hagar MT 132 fuse. This is currently wired into a standard neon switched cooker control unit with a plug socket.
My question is, if i get a Dual Appliance Outlet Plate to facilitate splitting the cable, can I put a new 45A Cooker panel switch for the hob only. In other words having 2 cooker switches running off the original 6mm cable?
Thnaks in anticapation. Gary

Sponsored Links
So you have 7.4kW + 4.2kW max load = 11.6 kW, or 50A if the power ratings were for 230V.

The proper way of doing this would be to use separate circuits for your hob and oven. You may probably be able to re-use the 6mm² cable for the hob, but you won't know until you have applied the necessary de-rating factors for cable fixing, grouping and voltage drop etc.

It would be notifiable also.

My question is, if i get a Dual Appliance Outlet Plate to facilitate splitting the cable, can I put a new 45A Cooker panel switch for the hob only. In other words having 2 cooker switches running off the original 6mm cable?

The oulet plate must be connected between the oven or hob and the isolation switch/CCU, and should not be used to provide a spur as you're suggesting.
May I suggest that an electrician may be the better route forward here?

Your existing circuit is good for the induction hob.
You'll need a new, separate 20A supply for the Oven.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back