New cordless required

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am in the market for a new cordless as mine has given up on me after many years as a loyal and useful servant.
I have back up but that's all it is.
I've been thinking of treating myself to a DeWalt DC725KB 18V Combi Drill
anyone got one and what do they think of it?
The main duties it will be needed for is masonry, steel and wood drilling.
and also fitting screws.
Alternatively i like the look of the MAKITA BHP451RFE 18V

Sponsored Links
does the 2.0AH, give you enough power, I'll be expecting it to do some graft.
But looks a good screwfix price, did a google and can't find anything to beat it.

eddited my post if you have neither system i would go for makita

2 ah is pretty good if you top up charge when you have a cup off tea or sandwich
you get 70% charge from flat in around 15 to 20 mins

Sponsored Links
remember buisness is a bit slow so worth asking for a sweetner you may finnish up with nowt but you may get a free box or tool nowt to loose ;)

remember buisness is a bit slow so worth asking for a sweetner you may finnish up with nowt but you may get a free box or tool nowt to loose ;)
You can read my mind, I always do, love to barter.
There is a free carrying case with it, but that seems to be standard procedure with what I have seen so far.
The quality of the case, I am unsure of, but will be asking and seeing if there is anything that can be added to the package.
Cheers for your advice big-all, very much appreciated.

looks a nice bit of additionals, the company I have seen the driver with, won't budge on price or chuck any freebies in :cry:

I have just emailed powertools, to see if they are willing to do a deal on price and asked about the pilot box.
If I purchased from anglia, I can claim 4% cash back but not sure if it stacks up against the powertool price yet.

big-all
Just to up date you on my purchase, I held off buying for a while as my job wasn't that secure at the time.
Since been made redundant and now started up on my own, so the need for the cordless driver has now increased.
So ended up getting the makita from screwfix, they had/have it reduced by £100 but only one battery, but you can get a second battery at a discount.
I claimed some cashback through quidco (I do that, if the sums stacks up)
Ended up costing me just short of £213 for driver, charger, plus two bats and carry case plus free next day delivery.
It's already done a bit of work for me, a little heavy than expected, but that could just be me. So far done everything asked of it, from floorboarding, hole-sawing and concrete drilling.
Not sure if I dare try mixing the plaster with it yet, think i'll leave that to the 230v

thank you for the feed back we really appreciate it :D
sad to hear about your laying off but hopefully it will be a great asset with a push in the direction you are good at and want to go :eek: ;)
would also avoid mixing as you need a lower geared tool to save overloading

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back