New Doors

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm about to have ago at replacing my s****y interior doors with some new ones. Any decent tips. I'm going to take my time and kind of use the old doors as a template.

Sponsored Links
choose your new doors making shure they arnt twisted
leave them unwrapped at room temperature to acclimatise for a week or 2
check for twist or warp again

by all means use the old doors as templates but take notes of alterations where the door doesnt fit properly e g to tight here a 6mm gap here not parralel to frame ect and make adjustments accordingly

if the old door was a bad fit it may be re used so it may be worth checking the frame against a new door as this may be a better fit with less alteration

also if paneled or cheaper doors the lock may only fit on one style[edge] look on the top for l or h [for lock or hinge]

big-all said:

Lay them flat, don't lean them against a wall etc. ;)

nstreet said:
big-all said:

Lay them flat, don't lean them against a wall etc. ;)

another good point ;) and dont store them near direct heat [radiator boiler or fire]:cool:

Sponsored Links
Hi and thanks for the tips. Got one door up today and have given meself a rather large pat on the back, just got to get ' her indoors ' to paint em !!

Always trim and fit mine first and then gloss before hanging. Much easier and it keeps the smell out of the house.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back