New Eaton Memsheild 3

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Fitted a new MEM board today - one of the ones with the high current outgoing ways.

I found the cover a little flexi, and a little tricky to get on to be honest - it is a very tight fit to the MCB's etc.

The guts are good - a good amount of space. The RCBO's I used are the first release which are taller than the next release due imminently. They are going to be marginally taller than a standard MCB.

MCB's sit well on the dinrail and stay straight.

A little tight around the earth bars where the link runs to the case - not sure if this is only on the high current boards or not.

Annoying that the high current outgoing ways start at 80amp - I would have liked to use a couple 63's (although can obviously use these on the standard ways).

A few pics below, click for larger images.

I was rather rushed to get this installed, so it is not the neatest, but is certainly acceptable.

Bloody camera phone doesn't help.

I will let you figure out why the incoming tails look to have been added too late rather than at the start, and why the outgoing submain loops down around the board......

1268070539.jpg

1268070536.jpg

1268070537.jpg

1268070538.jpg

Sponsored Links
The stonework is actually quite neat and looks good - It looks rather adhoc in the pictures.

It is a tiny alcove in the corner of the room which is going to have a T+G door put in the front.

I have never seen a board like that, usually go for MCCB boards. What is the biggest high load way you can use? is it 125A?

Looks pretty neat anyway

Sponsored Links
the enclosure seems very very roomy at the bottom.

Are the devices interchangeable with Memshield 2, or different size?

The stonework is actually quite neat and looks good - It looks rather adhoc in the pictures.

It is a tiny alcove in the corner of the room which is going to have a T+G door put in the front.

:rolleyes:

the enclosure seems very very roomy at the bottom.

Are the devices interchangeable with Memshield 2, or different size?

Unfortunately the MCB's are not interchangeable either way. Eaton are forced to produce the Memshield 2 for atleast 10 years - doesn't mean they will be cheap.

The enclosure is the 250amp version, leaving room at the bottom for the larger incomer and a spreader area for the cables. Currently temporarily using 25mm tails.

There is 10 TP ways rated upto 63amp, and 2 TP ways rated upto 125amp (80, 100, 125). Ideal for smaller installs with a couple small submains. This is a new breed designed to allow you to ommit an MCCB board on smaller installs.

Looks good. Not seen one of those before, so I'll ask a few questions that you might be able to answer.

Is there an option to have an MCCB as the incommer?

Are you limited to 2no. TP high current ways, or can you get a different configuration with more high current ways?

I presume you can get SP devices for them?

Looks good. Not seen one of those before, so I'll ask a few questions that you might be able to answer.

Is there an option to have an MCCB as the incommer?

Yep, upto 250amp. 250amp direct lugs kit, 160 or 250amp MCCB, 100amp RCD or 100, 125amp switch disconnector.

Are you limited to 2no. TP high current ways, or can you get a different configuration with more high current ways?

Only 2 high current ways per board. 4, 6, 10, 16, 22 standard ways. There is also a board with only 2 high current ways and no standard ways.

I presume you can get SP devices for them?

Yep, TP and SP in 80, 100, 125amp

------------

We have had to wait 2 weeks for this board, they are building them as required at the moment before keeping a stock. I believe ours is the twelth according the wholesaler.

They also do a trunking flange kit to replace the end plates on the DB which is good.

PDF: Clicky

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back