new electrical tools advice please

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am looking for a set of Screwdrivers (been looking at the Dextros) and a Digital Multimeter and was just wondering if anyone can advice what is worth looking at please?

Sponsored Links
will this be for pro / every day use or diy / occasional use?

do you intend to buy another set of plain screwdrivers for doing general work / opening paint tins etc?

I am a plumber and am just doing my Part P Full Scope so will be for professional use but not everyday so hopefully no need to by a Fluke yet lol.

I certainly wont be using them to open paint tins lol and have a nice set of general work screwdivers already.

In the context of the EAWR, GS38 etc, what will you be using a multimeter for?

Sponsored Links
For screwdrivers Wera or Knipex, multimeter has to be Fluke.

Anything else is a false economy.

been using a Fluke 1652 all in one tester over past week so going down that route and agree with those screwdrivers, cheers.

Don't Fluke now own everybody of any note except Megger?

Anyway - multimeter - look on eBay for an Avo 8 - nothing better was ever made - the Mk 7 cost nearly £1K when it went out of production a year or so ago.

Just Passed Part P Defined (tough), sitting Full Scope upgrade tomorrow so fingers crossed, thanks for all the replies.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back