Tool Roll...

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Right sick and tired of turning my toolbag inside out looking for the right screwdriver, I want to get it organised and the easiest would be a nice tool roll for purely screwdrivers and the odd plier. Should hold about 15 odd screwdrivers thats including the VDE stuff.

Anyone recommend a good un'? Seen some nice CK ones on the bay but not sure if their tool rolls are as good as their tools!

Cheers

Sponsored Links
Phwoar that is sexeh! Although I already have a decent tool bag, I suppose If I bought something like that it would eliminate the need for a tool roll. Not sure how much more tools it could hold though? I've seen something similar to what CK will look into that option.

Those types of bags are the must have accessory for any fashionable builder. I've noticed lots of contractors using them (well similar ones)

I tried a couple of tool rolls, but found that you had to be really disciplined in putting the tools back in, or otherwise you come to open it and there are no tools in them - you have thrown them all in the bag when you packed up quickly one day :rolleyes:

But I still use one for various drill and screw/nut driver bits which I do try and put the bits back into.

Sponsored Links
Phwoar that is sexeh! Although I already have a decent tool bag, I suppose If I bought something like that it would eliminate the need for a tool roll. Not sure how much more tools it could hold though? I've seen something similar to what CK will look into that option.

It holds loads of tools, if you look through the website it gives the spec for each bag and how many pockets it has so it should give you a rough idea. I swapped from a stanley tool tote to the mid sized bag and got more in the bag than I ever got in the tote. You just have to watch the weight :cool:
You utilise all the cubic capacity of the bag which doesn't happen with a standard tool box.

Bilious, do you just order those vetopropac tool carriers with credit card via the site and hope for delivery , sorry if seems stupid question as i have never bought from america before , dollars , will it be in one piece etc . cheers

Bilious, do you just order those vetopropac tool carriers with credit card via the site and hope for delivery , sorry if seems stupid question as i have never bought from america before , dollars , will it be in one piece etc . cheers

No, not a stupid question, I got mine from these guys,

http://www.tool-shop.co.uk/acatalog/Toolbags_that_work.html

Prompt delivery, no problems.

US might be cheaper but if you have a problem......

Thanks for that , i thought there would be a simple answer , your right i dont think america is an option unless i am on holiday lol .

I got one of these Veto bags recently when Rutlands were doing an offer on them. When the parcel arrived I had some misgivings: it's easy for manufacturers to print photos of their products filled neatly with tools, but then one finds that one's own tools won't go in properly and lots of pockets get left empty.

But it's brilliant, it really works, and provided I can keep disciplined about putting tools back in after I've used them I think it's going to work really well.

It's true that even the small version holds so many tools that it's a bit hefty when full. Perhaps a change to titanium tools would solve this problem ...

Links in this post may contain affiliate links for which DIYnot may be compensated.

has it arrived? and have you had to pay import duty / vat on it?

has it arrived? and have you had to pay import duty / vat on it?

Read the thread, Billious gave him a UK Link

then howy1 said

Thanks for that , i thought there would be a simple answer , your right i dont think america is an option unless i am on holiday lol .

+1 for the veto bag, mines a couple of years old & beginning to show (minor) fraying, but gets some abuse and is the longest lasting toolbox/bag ever for me.

They're great because you can organise tools so you grab the right pozi/phillips/slot every time, plus you can see at-a-glance that all your tools are in place, less chance of leaving something on a job, big plus if you have decent kit like me, knipex pliers etc at £20 a hit.

one downside- no room for a little tote tray or any space for boxes of screws etc, bottom recess tends to get clogged up with drills screws plugs etc.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back