New front door + patio door

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

we are in the process of buying the house that we rent, and we are hoping to replace front and back door, as well as patio door. We have visited a couple of showrooms, and I think we will be going for composite doors for front and back (back half glazed). For the patio door we want an in-line sliding door, similar to what we have now.

Whilst driving to work this morning, a question came to my mind. A silly one, but nonetheless.

We are planning to tile the hallway next year, when we come to replace the existing carpet, and I am not sure about the door level at the bottom. I have to confess, I have never looked at how much clearance is there at the bottom of the door, but since we are planning to replace door first, and change the flooring later, is there a possibility that we may have a problem?

With regards to inline sliding patio doors, we have seen Veka profile, which we didn't like much - very wide frames, ugly handles.. We saw another one of a similar design, not sure which profile. And then we saw Wera tilt and slide door. That was great, we loved it, but at double the price of Veka profile door (salesman said around £2-2.5k, our door is 6ft width). I have emailed a couple of Rehau suppliers/installers for an approximate prices, but no reply yet. Am I being too optimistic to get this door done for £1.5k or there abouts? Does anyone have any experience with rehau patio door and say what prices am I likely to be looking at? Any other makes that I could consider?

Sponsored Links
I have never looked at how much clearance is there at the bottom of the door
Then it's time you did!

I would expect a good fitter to allow for a carpet and thick doormat, but be sure to mention your intentions before the doorway is measured up

I will - as soon as I get home tonight. At the moment we have a carpet (not sure how thick and the door mat.

Thanks - I will mention when we get in some companies to measure up.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back