New garage door cladding

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
FEE589DC-C37A-4B01-A9B0-B265CA24FDAD.jpeg
hi

We have just had a new garage door installed. On completion it looks like the overhead cladding is out of line.

The fitter has said the lintel above isnt straight but cladding is.

Its obvious to the eye the cladding looks unlevel.

The fitter has said if installs the cladding to the level on the lintel there would be a large gap above that would have to be filled with silicone.

Any suggestions on what to do?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
It's your choice, large gap filled with silicone or as it is. Tbh it took me a while to notice it so it's not that bad. I can see that it isn't parallel to the door but doesn't look that bad imo.

CFEFB094-36A7-4A29-BC23-EFF6206189E1.jpeg
It's your choice, large gap filled with silicone or as it is. Tbh it took me a while to notice it so it's not that bad. I can see that it isn't parallel to the door but doesn't look that bad imo.

Thanks

Its worse when you look at it from an angle.

We are planning on having the outside rendered so wondered if this would help if we had the cladding section straightened up a little?

Wow, is that the same door? Totally agree that's a dog's dinner. I can't believe the fitter would even think that was acceptable.

If it's going to be rendered then there will be no gap. Get the fitter back to remedy that and explain that the gap will be hidden by rendering.

Sponsored Links
Wow, is that the same door? Totally agree that's a dog's dinner. I can't believe the fitter would even think that was acceptable.

If it's going to be rendered then there will be no gap. Get the fitter back to remedy that and explain that the gap will be hidden by rendering.

The end looks bent to me?

Its the only way, I mean its not his fault your lintel is on the p*** but he could of made it look better with just minimal effort

What about using 2 trims with each taking up half of the wonkyness.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back