New gutter keeps moving/sliding

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Had a new fascia and gutter installed on terraced house. Was a cheap job wasn't expecting alot.

I live in a end terrace house, after a few weeks the gutter along the back of the house keeps somehow moving/sliding along the length of the house towards the gable end and disconnecting itself from the downpipe 3 way connector (which is next doors).

I went up there and the last time this happened but couldn't slide the gutter back at all without disconnecting it from every fixing, so its not loose. I disconnected it and slid it back and it was ok for about 6 weeks, now i have a big overhang again at the gable end and waters pi**ing out the connector.

When the sun comes out i hear cracking sounds so i assume the gutter is expanding.

Do i just have cheap cr**p gutter ?

Sponsored Links
You have a crap join to the 3 way connector ;) Even plastic gutters that look the same -aren`t :rolleyes: . WHY can`t the manufacturers standardise :?: It`s been like this since 1970....when I started apprenticeship

You have a crap join to the 3 way connector ;) Even plastic gutters that look the same -aren`t :rolleyes: . WHY can`t the manufacturers standardise :?: It`s been like this since 1970....when I started apprenticeship

Thanks

So do you think a new 3 way connector would be the best option.

Excuse my ignorance....
[/quote] plastic gutters that look the same -aren`t[/quote]

Same as what ?

Sponsored Links
greggx101";p="1286995 said:
So do you think a new 3 way connector would be the best option.
No- It fits next door`s gutter OK. Probably best to put your gutter end back with some Gutter Seal( in a tube from DIY store) ...and secure with a self tapping screw through the back , near the top.

I've stopped the problem of creeping gutter with the following bodge:

Cut a 1/2" strip off the end of a scrap piece of gutter and glue it to the bottom of the creepy gutter with pipe cement, hard up against one of the clips. You won't even notice it and you can still unclip the gutter if you need to.

Solvent weld glue(cement) for plastic waste pipes ;)

Agreed. Any shed or plumbers merchant will sell it (sheds keep it at checkouts only, though). Wipe off excess , clamp it if you can, and give it a few hours to harden.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back