New hallway light only a three terminal block

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
image.jpg
IMG_1798.JPG
I have just brought a new light and opened up box to find very limited instructions and only a three terminal block marked Netruak Earth and live and a separate terminal block for looped wire. Please can Someone tell me which wires to put in the live blocks . I guess the two middle live go in looped block and the switched live goes in the live terminal but what about the other live brown wire on the left in the middle? Have put up lights before but not in hallway so not been so many wires!

Sponsored Links
I'm sure someone will come along and tell you which wires go in where - but I'd encourage you to think about it and try and work it out for yourself - it will be a lot more rewarding in the end and also safer!

https://www.diynot.com/wiki/Electrics:Lighting-Circuit-layouts is pretty useful, but if you look at what you have currently - 4 sets of terminals in a ceiling rose, two of which the light comes out of - and 4 terminal blocks in your new fitting - you should be able to work it out.

Cheers,

Jon

Thank you yes it's the third one I'm not sure what to do with? the two together I quess are the looped ones but it was the one on its own in the middle I wasn't sure about. I know the one on far right is the switch one.

Sponsored Links
Taylor two cities your link was just what I was looking for, thank you

...but it is not on its own, is it?

It is in the same lump of metal. The holes don't do anything. :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back