New house vailant boiler

BTW the magnclean wont hurt the system but if money tight then maybe better to spend it on a pump? All pipework is new check in the loft that you are not pumping over in theroy if dossed with inhibitor correctly then you should get minimal corrosion if any. What cleaner did you get?

Sponsored Links
The magnaclean came with mc3 cleaner and 1 inhibitor . I've got to put the cleaner in before the magnaclean is fitted next week as we really only have one day of my plumbers time left which is when he will drain and flush through the system and fit the magnaclean thing . It came from my local travis Perkins 85 quid plus vat. I'm going to run the boiler at a low temperature tommorow to see if the pump stays cooler than it did when set to 70 c I figured if it's really hot with cooler water going through it then it on its way out . Cheers

Meant to say what does pumping over in the Roy mean ?

Look in the loft see if water is coming out the hooked pipe leading into the smaller feed tank. Pump will got hot

Sponsored Links
pipe layout issue/restriction. if it is doing that then corrosion will occur and it needs sorting before going further.

Right . At the moment the boiler seemed to Be very slow to heat the water in the heating circuit so like a dick with very little understanding of whatiwasdoing I upped d0 to 12 , I then got an s53 status which after a wait cleared started to heat again then back into s53 . Can anyone Explain to me in layman terms why s53 cones up when I do this and goes away when I drop the kw to 9 ? So I turned boiler back to 9 on d0 and just waited . No s53 ! The rads heated up all be it quite slowly .
I think the heat in the pump that I was worried about was normal as I felt a friends pump and his was the same . Now , do we think the grundfos 15/50 isn't up to the job. I've got magnaclean cleaner in the system to see if that improves flow through the heat exchanger . I noticed that the flow temperatures on the flow and return at the boiler never seem to get closer than 23 degrees c , is that a normal difference or could that suggest flow issues . Would the 15/50 60 pump which seems to have replaced the 15/50 on the market really make a difference to my system if everyone's opinion is yes I'll change the bugger .

Thanks again for taking an interest .

Change pump but also check the loft to see if you are pumping over. You only have 6 rads, get the sizes and note if double or singles and work out how btu's they are from an online stockist and set output to that. That pump you have will not give the required flow that the boiler needs.

BTW forget about the cylinder at the moment I think you will struggle with this boiler with what could only be a 3kw coil. See if you can get the heating working with what you have and then you could change the cylinder to a range ultracal that has a much larger coil so will likely reheat on the first burn.

Also remember that when you calculate the radiator kw from the btu's the figures are rated at an 75c flow 65 return so the outputs will be a little bit less so dont go rounding up especially as you are fettling the system

Evening all , just an update , heating seems to be working ok at the moment , I think mainly down to reducing d0 which has virtually elinimated s53 waiting time . I will change the pump for a ups2 15 50/60 , should I set the new one to number 2 or three as having the existing pump on three seems to cause a sort of gentle knocking rubbling noise in the vicinity of the pump that can be heard throughout the house . It disappears when I turn the pump down to two but I fear this might cause flow faults with my valiant 418 . Any thoughts on the matter. Cheers all

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back