New house vailant boiler

Sponsored Links
Ok got a 15/60 grundfos , do I run it on setting number two or three. Just out of interest if the flow is too slow will it damage the boiler.

Definitely setting 3.
I have a similar Vaillant boiler and it doesn’t like anything less.
I’m not sure it will damage the boiler at a lower setting but it needs a decent flow in order to shift the heat out into the system. It’s most likely poor flow that’s causing it to rapidly overheat and cycle off and on.

Sponsored Links
3 without a doubt. Did you measure the radiators and do a rough kw calculation? what you need to remember is that it very much appears like you are not living at the house so the house maybe being allowed to get cooler than what it would in the real world. You don't have a very large system with only 6 radiators, have a heating coil that is quite possibly rated at below the min output of the boiler (around 5kw) and also a boiler with crazy start up logic not to mention over-sized. How many bathrooms do you have and is there a make/model of cylinder. Get the pump on (shouldn't take long) assuming valves are not stuck (note normally they drip a bit so don't be too alarmed if that's the case). Don't forget to turn of/isolate mains. Then report back

Sorry for the delay . The rads have an output of approx 6.1 kw . I'm still running the flush through as my plumber has had to do some work on my old house . ( Worcester leaking at boiler ) so the pump hasn't been changed yet . i have been waiting for the pipes etc to be flushed before putting in the new pump and magnaclean . I can't find a makers name on the hot water tank . It's green but that's about all I can tell you . On another note I noticed the system doesn't have a bypass installed at all . It does have a towel rad in the only bathroom that rad doesn't have trv s fitted . Does. The bypass allow any flow in normal use or only when the pressure backs up ? Cheers all

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back