New install, Texecom?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi been searching around on the forum for about 2 weeks for a decent alarm system and this is the best place to ask really.

Im going to do this install myself,

I want to go for the Texecom premier 48 with Texecom elite RKP x2
with a Texecom PSD001 SPEECH + TEXT DIALLER with RMU,

I want heat detectors in the kitchen, and smoke and heat detectors on second and third floors (I have a 3 storey house)

I was thinking of getting 2 x Pyronix Belle boxes for front and back.

I want about 10 PIRs and 2 Glass break sensors aswell.

Anyone got any tips on where to get the goods from?

and anything else I need :?:

Sponsored Links
try alert electrical or security warehouse. you will also need 2 or 3 drums or 6 core cable. you may also need a couple of internal sounders/speakers.

texecom is good stuff, you cant go wrong.

try alert electrical or security warehouse. you will also need 2 or 3 drums or 6 core cable. you may also need a couple of internal sounders/speakers.

texecom is good stuff, you cant go wrong.

thanks for your reply, I was going to go for mdt avanti but decided texecom is more popular and looks nice too!

i was looking for an internal speaker too, which are good companys to go for?

what is the different between an internal sounder and internal speaker?

is all the wiring the same i.e cheapness? quality?

thanks

Hi sorry for posting so many questions but I need help choosing 2 smoke and 1 heat detectors for my texecom premier 48 panel,

The ones that are listed on security warehouse have a N/O and non N/O models,

Which one do I choose and what do these mean? Ive tried searching but it comes up with all sorts of other unrelated info.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
You do ask a lot of questions don't you!

I'll try and answer them, if I miss any out let me know!

I want to go for the Texecom premier 48 with Texecom elite RKP x2
with a Texecom PSD001 SPEECH + TEXT DIALLER with RMU,

Is this really what you want? What do you want the panel to do?

If you fit an on board communicator to the panel it will text you which zone(s) have been triggered, and gives you a much better idea of what's happening, rather than a stand alone dialler which will just tell you the alarm is going off.

Do you really want the RMU function? You'll need to install microphones too if you do, and no internal sounders either.

I want heat detectors in the kitchen, and smoke and heat detectors on second and third floors (I have a 3 storey house)

OK. In my house I have proper mains smoke alarms, and also have them linked to a relay to trigger the signalling on the alarm.

I was thinking of getting 2 x Pyronix Belle boxes for front and back.

You'd be better with texecom bell boxes as it will be simpler to follow the wiring, and also when you put the panel into engineers mode it also disables the tamper on texecom bell boxes. It' wont on any other make.

I want about 10 PIRs and 2 Glass break sensors aswell.

Thats fine. You do know that the panel can only take 8 zones, and for ever 8 after that you will need to install a zone expander?

Anyone got any tips on where to get the goods from?

Alert electrical and brewtime seem pretty good on prices for texecom stuff

and anything else I need :?:

It will make it a hell of a lot easier to program and set up the system if you buy the wintex software and USB data link cable

Hi thanks for the reply,

I have read through the installation guide,

I have ordered a 8XP expander,

About the smoke and heat detectors...I still have no idea which ones to go for i.e n/o or n/c relays?

I'm going to install 2 internal speakers, Do i install two 16 ohm or two 8 ohms?

And finally the wiring...I want a single cable to each pir,

do i have to use resistors can I just wire it up and program the system?

Im going to order my system today so just need to list up everything I need.

Thanks

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back