New (ish) roof leaking

It will continue to leak, and must be replaced.

Personally I'd just forget about the previous roofer, its probably not worth the hassle pursuing him or the surveyor over a relatively small area of roof.

Get a professional roofer in and if you want a 'slate look' then you can use Redland Cambrians at that pitch without any issues.

It should cost around £55 per m2 supplied and fixed.

Perhaps your supplier of the Hardrows will take them back into stock, they should come off undamaged.

Sponsored Links
Thanks again to all the brilliant advice from the majority of sensible posters on here.

Joe - FYI i will be talking to the builder when i get home, unfortunately at the moment i am on the other side of the world!

Just had a look at those Redland Cambrian Slates and they look the business.

Thanks again.

And Joe your about as much use as a "cock flavored lolly"

Sponsored Links
If you are anything like gay-boy mercury - then don't bother - save it for yourself. ;)

got to say i think they look like hardrow concrete slates operative word being slates they should be double lapped hence the reason you can see the felt through the slates/tiles :eek:

Just one other thing as I quickly ran past the previous posts,
Hardrow Slates are normally hung with alloy pegs, but if they are nailed then they can easily be lifted by just lifting up the slate by the bottom of it and it will remove the nail without damaging the slate.

This is an old thread now and those tiles on that roof need a 30 degree pitch, that was the problem.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back