new joist floor around chimney

M

marsaday

Do i attach joist hangers into the chimney stack or do i trim and go around them?

i will be spanning the joists into the party wall and off a spine wall. Span is about 4m's. i have a chimney breast in the way and it is 135cm wide. Can i hang 3 joist hangers off here or do i double up the joists at both sides of the chinmey breast and run joists between these 2 doubled up joists ? if i do this should the joists between the doubled up joists be also douubled up themselves?

Sponsored Links
Double up the trimming joists and the trimmer then fix the trimmed joists to the trimmer with jiffy hangers.

Clear as mud? :eek: ;)

i think so.

the trimming joists sit either side of the chimney breast and so these are doubled up. the joist spanning between these 2 joists (and sits next to the chinmey breast) is called the trimmer?

how can i draw a diagram for you. what should i use as this would be so much easier. i have tried doing something in word but i cannot upload it,

Sponsored Links
It is also possible to use build in type hangers, but i would only use these if i were building them in as opposed to retrospectively installing them.

picture

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back