New kitchen impact on garden tap

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
IMG_0955.JPG
IMG_0954.JPG
Hi

I've long wanted to replace garden tap for one with a thread that will securely hold garden hose. Current one can only be secured with jubilee clip which comes off when the tap is on fully.

Problem now is that new kitchen units have restricted access to wall where plumming for tap is (can get to isolating valve, but that's about it)

From the look of the tap above, is it likely that I can fit new tap without replacing the supply pope etc??

Thank you

Sponsored Links
That one has a thread. Unscrew the larger knurled bit where the hose pushes on. This bit

597766_R_Z001

Just change the connector on the tap they are readily available and hardly a big job

Sponsored Links
Many thanks for prompt and constructive replies. I've tried the various adapters, but they don't hold the hose to the tap when latter fully on.

I'm not at home right now, but Re first response: Would unscrewing that section give me something to screw an adaptor to it??

just buy the one I showed you , cut the hose and fit the adapter, remove the brass part on your tap and fit the plastic part, very very easy to do

That's great. I seem to recall it was very stiff last time I tried to shift it, but will give it a go in the week.

Cheers

you can try dripping a bit of WD40 onto the top of the threaded ring. It is built so that gravity will help it seep down to the thread. I think a small brush will work better than a spray.

BTW I use a screw on nozzle with Hoselock snap-on spigot, but mine is brass. It came in a set from some DIY shed or Aldi, with matching connectors to go on the hose.

s-l400.jpg

Why did you not get the kitchen plumbers to do a properly fitted outside tap, rather than that DIY garbage?

"DIY garbage" Been there about 20 years so bound to look a bit battered, weathered now.

Also, had so many probs with kitchen installation that glad to see em off the property.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back