1. Visiting from the US? Why not try DIYnot.US instead? Click here to continue to DIYnot.US.
    Dismiss Notice

New kitchen tap - no hot water

Discussion in 'Plumbing and Central Heating' started by Charlotte Amelie, 13 Jan 2021.

1. Charlotte Amelie

Charlotte Amelie

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Thank you I will try tomorrow

2. Sponsored Links
  3. Charlotte Amelie

Charlotte Amelie

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Thanks, I have started to look 0.1bar taps following all the comments but will try to check first if it is a block.

It's a flat on the first floor, tank is in the corridor next to the kitchen so a few steps away.

4. terryplumb

terryplumb

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Is the cold water tank ,that supplies the hot water cylinder , immediately above it ?
    The isolation valve that supplies your hot tap should be swapped for a full bore isolation valve,to improve the flow . But the real issue is your lack of pressure .You have a nice looking fancy tap ,just fit a pump.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Charlotte Amelie

Charlotte Amelie

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    yes it is just above the hot water cylinder.

I actually just did a test and realise that after letting the water run quite a bit, it is indeed hot but as well that the flow is better and decent enough to use if I remove the "head" of the tap. I don't know why I have not thought about removing it before...

So would a quick and unexpansive solution simply be to change the "head" of the tap which is reducing the flow of the hot water?

upload_2021-1-13_22-14-47.png

6. terryplumb

terryplumb

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    See if what you have removed can be further disassembled ,there may be a filter within it that can be cleaned or removed. Certainly removing the " spray " part would give better flow.

7. eta

eta

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    now you have hot water coming through - feel the 2 pipes under the sink - if as mentioned before its the LEFT one , the Isolator may be turned to slightly, the screw slot , inline with the pipe - so 12oclock & 6oclock at the moment it looks like its at 11oclock and 5oclock
    but difficult to see

Attached Files:

8. Sponsored Links