New laptop advice.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all. I'm looking for a laptop for my eight year old daughter. Now I can sit and surf the net till I'm blue in the face and still not make head nor tail of all the different specs and sales guff. This is a purchase that I cannot get wrong or I will be made to suffer. In light of that, advice from clever people is needed. It doesn't have to be too flash. Her main requirements are, wireless internet access for her Club Penguin and Moshi monsters and the ability to watch/listen to DVD's and CD's. She's not much of a gamer, she likes playing flash games online, but that doesn't mean to say she isn't likely to want to stick a disc in at some time. Worms2 is one of her faves. Reliability is a must. Can't have it breaking down after a few months. Opinions on screen size would be welcome. I realise 17" are more expensive. Is the viewing experience that much reduced on a 15" screen, bearing in mind she's likely to have her nose no more than a foot away from the screen at any time? Bit long winded I know but any advice appreciated.

Sponsored Links
The screen size is not as important that its resolution.

Kids love the new wave of portables like the Asus eee and they only have 7-10" screens.

Can you get all the laptops in Albania, or would this be online supplies only?

There are good deals over at dell

Sponsored Links
Decision made. Going for Fujitsu Siemens Amilo LI 2727.

Back