New lead pipe replaced - reduced pressure

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi I have had my water pipe replaced to 25mm mdpe by Severn Trent. They also fitted a new stop cock on road and had to dig a cross road to link the main water.

My water flow increased from 15lpm to 30+ however my pressure has reduced from 3.1bar to 2.2bar. Any ideas why this could be?

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
if you have 30 + LPM flow rate what does the pressure matter ??? why would you be interested ??? it means absolutely nothing to you

I think he is trying to calculate the amount of water that pished into his house when he failed to fit a stopcock correctly.

if you have 30 + LPM flow rate what does the pressure matter ??? why would you be interested ??? it means absolutely nothing to you
Because I am getting a new system boiler and I was told 3 bar would be good. In addition there used to be a expansion cylinder for loft and I am hoping when the plumber plumbs new boiler I won't need this expansion tank

Because I am getting a new system boiler and I was told 3 bar would be good. In addition there used to be a expansion cylinder for loft and I am hoping when the plumber plumbs new boiler I won't need this expansion tank
You are getting a system boiler and you need 3 Bar ?? absolute rubbish

sorry Steel you beat me to it maybe Tony can come on and explain to us what we are missing

Ok the guy from Severn Trent water said 3 bar would be good. He was wrong then it appears. However as mentioned the main reason being I want to get rid of a expansion tank and want decent water flow in loft

The way you are going then I predict a copious flow of water in the loft. What are you on about with this expansion tank boolax?
if you have got a plumber on the job then just let them get on with it and don't open your gob - because you will confuse and irritate in equal measure and they are likely to walk off the job.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back